Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Uncle Albert said:

Ive always thought osman was a solid player. did he have a crap season?

Not especially but at 35 he's passed his best and it snacks as another 'Lescott' type of signing. I rather we just avoided this approach altogether.

Apparently we have enquired about Kalmar FF striker Marcus Antonsson.  any of our scandinavian friends know much about him?

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Everton fans seem to think osman's been rubbish for a while now, and see it as a good sign that he's been let go. But obviously they have a different agenda to us at the moment.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Everton fans seem to think osman's been rubbish for a while now, and see it as a good sign that he's been let go. But obviously they have a different agenda to us at the moment.

I'm fairly certain he has enough about him to be a good player in the Championship.

Just now, Supervillan78 said:

Not especially but at 35 he's passed his best and it snacks as another 'Lescott' type of signing. I rather we just avoided this approach altogether.

I dont think he has the attitude of lescott tbh and think someone with his experience would be great. 

13 minutes ago, useless said:

How did Gastón Ramírez end up becoming available for free. Wasn't he highly rated, quite recently.

I don't know. I think it was because he was a bit injury-prone, and therefore struggled to adjust to the Premier League. He's proven in the Championship, though, and certainly has potential.

• Like 1

I really wan't us to play with at least 1 forward who is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Watching Gabby and Gestede is painful and it hampers our attacks as they can't keep the ball long enough for our midfielders to join in the attacks.

Having a target man is fine, as long as he can hold up the ball, not just win headers who fall straight to the opponents.

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Apparently we have enquired about Kalmar FF striker Marcus Antonsson.  any of our scandinavian friends know much about him?

Averaged a goal every 1.5 games in Sweden. Only played 12 games in the league and has scored 10. 

8 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

I dont think he has the attitude of lescott tbh and think someone with his experience would be great. 

I understand where you're coming from, however if Xia is really serious about Villa becoming a worldly regarded club then signings like this just aren't going to cut it.

I understand that to do that we need to be in the Premier League but looking at the bigger picture signings like these would be such a waste, both for the club and the players concerned.