Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The captain of the Nostromo in Alien,

He meets his end at the hands of the xenomorph in a vent.  Sign him up.

Wow, that's like a multi-jump free association.  If we put that much jumping in Gabby's workout he'd be back to a one dimensional player !

oh how I wish we would sign Will Grigg, seems like a decent player (should easily do a job in the championship) Solihull born and his family is claret and blue + his chant is amazing, and it would actually make commercial sense to sign just for the chant/song alone :D haha :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

So what does everyone think of Tommy Elphick......?

Spoke to a Bournemouth fan the weekend who reckons he's a great captain an very decent player at championship level, would be sad to see him go

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

oh how I wish we would sign Will Grigg, seems like a decent player (should easily do a job in the championship) Solihull born and his family is claret and blue + his chant is amazing, and it would actually make commercial sense to sign just for the chant/song alone :D haha :)

Agreed. Winning a Player of The Season at the age of 20, even if it was at Walsall is a massive feat and proves potential exists in bags.

Also still only 24, so plenty of time to still develop, especially with our new set of coaches/manager.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

Just change it to Grealish and you've got yourself a song ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa_southerner said:

So what does everyone think of Tommy Elphick......?

Having read up on him after the link is be all for him signing. 

Is this another moment in the sun for you villa_southerner? You've got 100% track record so far! I hope he does come in to go some way to suring up the defence. 

36 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Having read up on him after the link is be all for him signing. 

Is this another moment in the sun for you villa_southerner? You've got 100% track record so far! I hope he does come in to go some way to suring up the defence. 

They have had talks but it's still in the hands of the agents both parties are keen on getting a deal done, this shouldn't drag out.

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

he was...

spunked it up the wall with off the field activities i think, he'll fit right in

This. Remember he was full of potential but then went off the boil. Think ego let him down (and a few legal issues...). Went to Lazio where he has made 3 appearances. Think he wants/needs an out and no Premier League team would touch him. Definitely had the skill though  if I remember. Ex Man Utd youngster too.