Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

anyone know how O'hare is getting on. 

2 goals 3 assists in 27 games so far this season, not really that brilliant though no idea if thats Coventry or on him

Probably not worth the drama when we released him

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Ended the season with a goal and assist. Played in every league game and got a decent 3 goals 8 assists.

Can see him kicking on in a better team.

He is older than Doulglas Luiz yet people think he wont go far, the difference between them is so wide

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Are you saying o hare is better than luiz?

Pretty sure @Zatman is saying that Luiz is superior and his ceiling is also higher, but people forget his age when he’s a bit inconsistent, so don’t give him the same leeway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Pretty sure @Zatman is saying that Luiz is superior and his ceiling is also higher, but people forget his age when he’s a bit inconsistent, so don’t give him the same leeway.

Yea thats what i was asking. Luiz is way better than ohare in my eyes

Luiz is obviously better than O'Hare, but not sure why they would be used as a negative against O'Hare he doesn't have to be as good as Luiz to be a good player, Luiz is better than most championship players, also they play in completely different positions, Luiz is a DM whilst O'Hare is an attacking-midfielder/second striker, so it's a strange comparison to make.

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking on a Coventry forum recently and they were talking about him being easily their best player and fearing another side might try and buy him. If you look at his seven assists I think six of them came in the new year which showed he improved as the season went on. If he adds goals to his game could become a £10m plus player.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Some lovely skill to set up the equaliser v Forest just now. Delightful nutmeg.

Hope the lad has a good season and works his way back to the top

• Like 1

On 06/06/2021 at 21:27, useless said:

I was looking on a Coventry forum recently and they were talking about him being easily their best player and fearing another side might try and buy him. If you look at his seven assists I think six of them came in the new year which showed he improved as the season went on. If he adds goals to his game could become a £10m plus player.

We haven't been great previously at getting transfer money for academy products (JG aside...). 

Liverpool sold Harry Wilson for £12m this summer, he's a year older than O'Hare. I'm sure they milked him for loan fees too. Sometimes I think we've sometimes been a bit too quick to let players go.

Edited by Cizzler

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Some lovely skill to set up the equaliser v Forest just now. Delightful nutmeg.

Hope the lad has a good season and works his way back to the top

I watched most of it, he has become a very tidy little player, quite smart of the ball, some tidy passing and the odd snazzy move. 

Edited by Phil Silvers

2 hours ago, Cizzler said:

We haven't been great previously at getting transfer money for academy products (JG aside...). 

Liverpool sold Harry Wilson for £12m this summer, he's a year older than O'Hare. I'm sure they milked him for loan fees too. Sometimes I think we've sometimes been a bit too quick to let players go.

I was quite surprised we let him go to be honest - I can't remember whether we got any money for him or whether his contract just ran down? He always looked pretty decent in the cup games he played

13 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I was quite surprised we let him go to be honest - I can't remember whether we got any money for him or whether his contract just ran down? He always looked pretty decent in the cup games he played

I’m not. We can all be experts with the benefit of hindsight. He wasn’t near the team and couldn’t stay playing under 23s. It was the right decision at the time. Same with Doyle Hayes. I think both fellas will go on to have fine careers.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I agree.  I'm sure we could have kept him and developed him more.  Maybe his contract was up and he just didn't renew, I don't know the ins and outs. 

He was good today, easily Coventrys best player. 

Â