Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I was quite surprised we let him go to be honest - I can't remember whether we got any money for him or whether his contract just ran down? He always looked pretty decent in the cup games he played

We managed him terribly. By the time he had ‘come of age’ he was woefully undercooked. I reckon the current regime would have developed him a little better. Not to say he’d be a starter in the PL but to say that he could have got us a fee.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coventry fans massively rate him. Basically everything at Cov goes through him. Only criticism they have is that he needs to work on his shooting and finishing 

Sounds very familiar to another player a few years back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Coventry fans massively rate him. Basically everything at Cov goes through him. Only criticism they have is that he needs to work on his shooting and finishing 

Sounds very familiar to another player a few years back. 

Fair enough and good for hin but not Premier League quality. He is same age as Dougie who some write off as a flop 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fair enough and good for hin but not Premier League quality. He is same age as Dougie who some write off as a flop 

Well, you never know. Could be a late bloomer. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cov fans views on him over the last few weeks:

"o hare was totally outstanding in the second half. Without o hare we are nothing. His energy is incredible and work rate phenomenal. He’s a talisman line we’ve not had since Dublin"

"He is our gem and if his end product was even 10% better he wouldn't be with us."

"Best player we’ve brought into the club in decades"

"CoH has arguably been our best signing since relegation from the PL."

"I'd hazard a guess everyone rates him, but it's his final ball/shot thats the issue. First half, he seemed more intent of drawing the foul in the box, than passing or shooting in a dangerous area. He needs to get the throwing himself down and then hands in the air out of his system. Its becoming apparent refs aren't giving justified fouls because "its O'Hare".

"COH us genuinely the most exciting all round player I've seen in my 40 years of following them... This guy is pure gold for us. Love his attitude to the game"

"I’m struggling to think of many players we’ve had with better stamina than him. Lots of the lads have looked tired for the past few weeks but not him. Even right at the end busting a gut to chase down the ball, that impresses me most"

"Absolutely hounds their defence and midfield and forces mistakes, his ability on the ball drags multiple players towards him opening up so much space for others. The engine on him and commitment is like no one else we have. Repeating myself but best player in a very long time to be at the club. We won’t have him for very long (if we don’t get promoted) and people will look back and wish they enjoyed it more"

"If COH finds a killer instinct with his shooting, his days here become numbered if he doesn’t drag us to the Premiership with him. He’s a fantastic player!"

"What a lot of the ‘experts’ on here fail to see is that O’Hare is always in the game. He has incredible stamina. Teams double up on him which frees up space for others. If he had an end product he would be starting each week in the Premier League"

Seems to be developing well and shades of JG in the description. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Good for him but i dont see it, he was here under the new regime and they didnt see it either. Might play top flight some day but one that was ridiculously overhyped because he can pass the ball 

We did have a cull of the older academy players and Purslow did say there may be one or two that come back to bite us on the backside. I assume CoH was the one he was mainly referring to. 

Interesting to see how his career develops 

Not beyond possibility Coventry will get promoted.

I think he'll end up back in prem in next two years. Calum Robinson did and his career follow similar trajectory when he left us. If Wilder manages again in premier league O'Hare is the type from championship he likes to sign and his style could well fit Brighton or Brentford profile.

Never really got a chance here and we have too many players in final third to need him but I can certainly see a club lower down the table wanting him. He's probably on similar level to what Olise was at Reading and Palace snapped him up. 

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not beyond possibility Coventry will get promoted.

I think he'll end up back in prem in next two years. Calum Robinson did and his career follow similar trajectory when he left us. If Wilder manages again in premier league O'Hare is the type from championship he likes to sign and his style could well fit Brighton or Brentford profile.

Never really got a chance here and we have too many players in final third to need him but I can certainly see a club lower down the table wanting him. He's probably on similar level to what Olise was at Reading and Palace snapped him up. 

He never played in the Premier League before to be back :P 

he has a goal and 3 assists in 23 games this season, its not a great record for a team challenging for the playoffs

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

he has a goal and 3 assists in 23 games this season, its not a great record for a team challenging for the playoffs

I just assumed he might've made appearance at end of 15/16 considering likes of Toner and Lyden were actually starting games. We also put on Hepburn-Murphy in the Newcastle home game I think.

Mind you Eric Black was still benching Grealish and Adama even right to the bitter end so guy was even worse than McLeish at not wanting to play creative players.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I just assumed he might've made appearance at end of 15/16 considering likes of Toner and Lyden were actually starting games. We also put on Hepburn-Murphy in the Newcastle home game I think.

Mind you Eric Black was still benching Grealish and Adama even right to the bitter end so guy was even worse than McLeish at not wanting to play creative players.

Hepburn-Murphy?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

seems very hihgly rated by the fans in coventry, but i think it was the right thing to let the player go at that time. He probably wouldn't have followed the same developmemt trajectory if on loan at different clubs all the time and not having a regular run of games. We will probably see him in the premier league at some point, and fair play to him.

Maybe we were slightly to hasty in having that big rebuild and culling of the youth team at the time but in this instance I think it was the best thing for the player. Perhaps not for the club, but I doubt he would be in the 1st team at villa right now anyway, although we will never know.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Looked poor when I watched him. Missed a sitter as well. 

Always liked the look of him, probably right thing for club and player he left.

The JG comparisons are fair - and in the same way he needed to be the main guy.

O'Hare was never getting that here and will have done well as a result of it. Hope he has a good career and I can see him at a Norwich or the like in a year or so when his contract expires and we'll see him in the Prem for sure

• Like 1

Â