The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Brought in at the wrong time, its not rocket science. If the club was structurally sound and funds were available for him to bring in players who can play his football, he would have no problem here..

Based on what exactly?

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

sure I would imagine the uproar if Sherwood had of went to his mates in the media and said the following

If that is true then that truly disgusts me. His attitude sucks and now he just wants a bumper payoff for doing nowt. Be glad when he's gone. Worse manager ever.

Edited by PaulC

So in short, garde would be good if all the hard work had already been done for him?

People saying sherwood is shite no matter what? Well when he was dealt better cards eg spurs/us last season he did ok. 

I stand by that overall they're both piss poor.

I don't know if sherwood is piss poor, maybe he is but he did get the team playing last season, kept the side up and got us to only our second cup final in 58 years and he'll always have that on his side.

• Like 1

So in short, garde would be good if all the hard work had already been done for him?

People saying sherwood is shite no matter what? Well when he was dealt better cards eg spurs/us last season he did ok. 

I stand by that overall they're both piss poor.

They have both been poor with this squad of players. Sherwood had an extra black mark next to his name though, as he was involved in the process or decision to bring in the new players which have made up much of this squad.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't know if sherwood is piss poor, maybe he is but he did get the team playing last season, kept the side up and got us to only our second cup final in 58 years and he'll always have that on his side.

I don't think either of them have covered themselves in glory with the way they have conducted themselves throughout the season. I was on Garde's side originally but he too has took his bat home, just like the players.

No matter how tough it gets you don't quit and you ensure you can hold your head up high.

Not that he's had a tough situation mind. It's bloody football for god sake. 

Between the pair of them, in 31 games of football I'm yet to see a plan. Hopeless and I'm certain I'd have got as good a response from the players. Wouldn't have been any better. Just equally as shit. And I'd have done it in my spare time.

• Like 1

I swear the media have run the same 'Garde still taking training, discussing pay off' story 3 or 4 times now, it just gets old.

He won't go on the cheap. Football rewards failure and we love to be at the head of the bank of failure... spunking millions on shit players and managers. How much of Randy's fortune has gone on manager/staff compensation and paying off/subsidising player contracts?

Even MON when he walked out somehow still got a pay off after taking legal action against the club. I'm sure Fox et al have had massive pay offs also.

This is why football is a sickness

I don't know if Garde deserves to be sacked but he certainly doesn't deserve a handsome pay off.

27 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Between the pair of them, in 31 games of football I'm yet to see a plan. Hopeless and I'm certain I'd have got as good a response from the players. Wouldn't have been any better. Just equally as shit. And I'd have done it in my spare time.

Maybe. Would anyone have done a noticeably better job in the circumstances? I doubt it.

The set up was shit with a squad full of shit players that have no interest in doing a job for the football club. Garde will go but he'll have a future in football if you look at the job he did at Lyon.

If things are changing at Villa with the so called football board then maybe we will have a chance of having a bright future in the next years but I have my doubts given the past false dawns.

4 minutes ago, bose said:

Would anyone have done a noticeably better job in the circumstances? I doubt it.

Yes. Hence why some managers are better than others. They manage situations better. I don't know who they are or whether they would have been attainable but there are defiantly managers out there who would have this team competing a lot more.

Even sam alladyce would have had some form of plan. 

These two have just been sending teams out in the hope Itl work. The only difference is, tim sherwood was daft enough to admit it.

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Yes. Hence why some managers are better than others. They manage situations better. I don't know who they are or whether they would have been attainable but there are defiantly managers out there who would have this team competing a lot more.

These two have just been sending teams out in the hope Itl work. The only difference is, tim sherwood was daft enough to admit it.

Yes well we just need a manager that has the team performing a lot better. He's apparently out there so it shouldn't be that hard for a club with Premier League resources to find one?

If we perform a lot better we would within a good chance of staying up. Maybe we'll finally find a good a manager in the summer.

Sorry but I don't believe for a second that another manager would have noticeable    change for this sorry set of players.

12 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

That's what we need - a defiant manager.

5 minutes ago, bose said:

Sorry but I don't believe for a second that another manager would have noticeable    change for this sorry set of players.

But by that theory, all managers would do the same with all sets of players?

I'm fully aware of the disgrace of the playing staff. I'm beyond angry at how they are allowed to treat the club and get away with it Scot free, but to judge ALL managers on the basis of 2 managers (who barely know their arse from their elbow given their managerial experience) is mind blowingly naive.

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

But by that theory, all managers would do the same with all sets of players?

I'm fully aware of the disgrace of the playing staff. I'm beyond angry at how they are allowed to treat the club and get away with it Scot free, but to judge ALL managers on the basis of 2 managers (who barely know their arse from their elbow given their managerial experience) is mind blowingly naive.

Well no. That theory doesn't say that all managers would do the same with ALL set of players. Just that with this set of players managers wouldn't do a noticeable change. That's not naive. The manager won't make this lot compete a whole lot more, that's what I'm saying.

Sherwood and Garde don't even have close to the same experience anyway. Sherwood's only experience was as an interim manager at Spurs and Garde managed a Lyon side to credible league finishes with heavy financial cuts. 

17 minutes ago, bose said:

Sherwood and Garde don't even have close to the same experience anyway. Sherwood's only experience was as an interim manager at Spurs and Garde managed a Lyon side to credible league finishes with heavy financial cuts. 

And?

Look, had SAF and Carlo ancelotti shared 31 games this season and amassed 16 points then you might have a case in writing off the entire world's population of football managers.

Remi Garde and tim sherwood do not allow that assumption.

Edited by Woodytom

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

And?

Look, had SAF and Carlo ancelotti shared 31 games this season and amassed 16 points then you might have a case in writing off the entire world's population of football managers.

Remi Garde and tim sherwood do not allow that assumption.

So those managers would have a managed a noticeable change in our performances? With this set up and that set of players?

I'm not writing of managers. I'm saying that they wouldn't have done a big difference with the **** up at this football club.

Garde shouldn't get a free pass but I just think that 90% of managers wouldn't have done any better at this ****. And that 10% of managers we have no chance of attracting.

7 minutes ago, bose said:

So those managers would have a managed a noticeable change in our performances? With this set up and that set of players?

Yes. For all sorts of reasons.

I'm amazed you think otherwise.

Edited by Woodytom

8 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I don't know if Garde deserves to be sacked but he certainly doesn't deserve a handsome pay off.

Well, he does if his contract entitles him to one.

11 hours ago, Mantis said:

Fans who just want an excuse to jump on the manager's back, although if our next manager is a British PASHUN manager then some people may give him more time.

So I clearly didn't miss your point. 

Stupid post with nothing to back it up

Â