The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I really think the Houllier health problem was a lot more of a bump in the road than people give it credit for. We'd gone in a new direction, we were becoming a bit more continental in our style of play and towards the end (under McAllister's caretaking) we picked up again after the bumpy transition from MON's traditional counter attacking style.

It all really went to shit after that. Hopefully this will be what we were trying to do all those years ago and it'll work out this time.

if that was true, why didn't we stick with that approach? Why did we then hire McLeish? And then Lambert and Sherwood? 

I really think the Houllier health problem was a lot more of a bump in the road than people give it credit for. We'd gone in a new direction, we were becoming a bit more continental in our style of play and towards the end (under McAllister's caretaking) we picked up again after the bumpy transition from MON's traditional counter attacking style.

It all really went to shit after that. Hopefully this will be what we were trying to do all those years ago and it'll work out this time.

if that was true, why didn't we stick with that approach? Why did we then hire McLeish? And then Lambert and Sherwood? 

Because we have a not so great owner?

• Like 2

The believe the CEO is responsible for that, who at the time was Faulkner

The believe the CEO is responsible for that, who at the time was Faulkner

Apart from the fact Lerner spoke to all - and even got a letter from Ferguson - Re: McLeish - which he was rather happy to boast about.

• Like 1

Not sure if that is good or not, get the feeling our team doesn't do the training stuff on matchdays, but hopefully we will see more one/two touch footy

It's a 6 second video clip. I wouldn't read too much into it either way :)

In the 6second clip Lescott is just strolling around as usual!!

Looks like Peter Stringfellow wannabe Gerry Francis is jealous!!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-appointment-remi-garde-10389937

West Bromwich Albion first team coach Gerry Francis believes Aston Villa's decision to appoint Remi Garde is a strange one.

The Baggies coach told Sky Sports: "I think it's a little bit strange.

“This is my 15th year in the Premier League and it's the toughest league in the world, there's no doubt about it.

“Remi is coming in and he's had a bit of time at Lyon and played in the Premier League for a while, but this is a really difficult league.

"He's going into a team that is having a difficult time, and has had a difficult time for a number of years now and it's not going to be easy for him.

"We'll have to wait and see how in transpires for him.”

And then we look at Gerry Francis managerial stats and wonders how he can criticise anyone

10686820_10153192815246200_4711513542781

• Like 1

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-appointment-remi-garde-10389937

West Bromwich Albion first team coach Gerry Francis believes Aston Villa's decision to appoint Remi Garde is a strange one.

“This is my 15th year in the Premier League and it's the toughest league in the world, there's no doubt about it.

“Remi is coming in and he's had a bit of time at Lyon and played in the Premier League for a while, but this is a really difficult league.

"He's going into a team that is having a difficult time, and has had a difficult time for a number of years now and it's not going to be easy for him.

And then we look at Gerry Francis managerial stats and wonders how he can criticise anyone

So basically Gerry reckons it's a difficult league and we're going through a difficult time.  Thanks Gerry.  Very insightful.  Straight out of the Alan Shearer book of punditry.  The fact it has absolutely zero bearing on Garde or anyone else's ability to get us out of the hole is neither here nor there.  In Gerry's defence, Sky no doubt stuck a mic in his gob and asked for his thoughts.  The fact he has insulted no-one in the process must be a positive.  I'll give him a pass on this one.

And then we look at Gerry Francis managerial stats  hair  and wonder how he can criticise anyone

Fixed your post. Hopefully Remi does the exact opposite of everything Butch "My Word" Wilkins and "Tactics" Tim Sherwood did.  

yep strange that anyone would Gerry Francis near a PL game - now he is a dinosaur! 

Â