The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Jesus. Is this our future? Losing 2-0 to Bayern away in the champions league?

Wenger's protege OUT

or

Woohoo... Is this our future, winning 2-0 to Arsenal in the champions league at home?

The French Guardiola IN

Although he did well with Lyon and comes across as calm and articulate and all that, we're still in so much danger, so here's my question...

If we do get relegated, which looks quite likely, do you think he'll stay next season to try to get us out of the Championship straight back into the PL (assuming that he makes us better and that Fox and Lerner want him to continue as the manager)?

Edited by robby b

Although he did well with Lyon and comes across as calm and articulate and all that, we're still very likely to be relegated, so here's my question...

Do you think he'll stay next season to try to get us out of the Championship straight back into the PL (assuming that he makes us better and that Fox and Lerner want him to continue as the manager)?

Yes.

• Like 3

Although he did well with Lyon and comes across as calm and articulate and all that, we're still very likely to be relegated, so here's my question...

Do you think he'll stay next season to try to get us out of the Championship straight back into the PL (assuming that he makes us better and that Fox and Lerner want him to continue as the manager)?

Yes.

I hope so! 

I just edited my original comment from relegation looking 'very likely' to quite likely because I don't want to give up all hope just yet! And you never know, I suppose a Villa win on Sunday is a slight possibility if Man City get a red card and we get an own goal or a deflection or something flukey like that, fingers crossed.

Haven't bothered too much with his interviews - if we've learnt anything as Villa fans over the past few years it should be not to listen to the bollocks that comes out at any level of the club's PR "machine".

What I have picked up is that he thinks the club has a big future under a wonderful owner who has a clear sense of purpose. This seems to echo something Gerard Houllier told him.

All I can think is that Houllier must have handed Remi the MASSIVE spliff he was smoking when he was about halfway through & Remi finished it off.

Yep. He complimented the people who have just employed him.

What an absolute mental bastard.

Well, there's "complimenting"...

And then there's painting a completely ludicrous picture of the attitude and approach if of your new boss, which is undermined by just about everything our owner has actually done since about 2009...

• Like 1

I just had a look again at our sad league results this season, still hanging onto a glimmer of hope that it's all a bad dream (a strangely long dream) and that I'll wake up in a minute. It's just a vast collection of defeats! Maybe they could be put in the British Museum?

Edited by robby b

I really think the Houllier health problem was a lot more of a bump in the road than people give it credit for. We'd gone in a new direction, we were becoming a bit more continental in our style of play and towards the end (under McAllister's caretaking) we picked up again after the bumpy transition from MON's traditional counter attacking style.

It all really went to shit after that. Hopefully this will be what we were trying to do all those years ago and it'll work out this time.

• Like 2

Yes.

I hope so! 

I just edited my original comment from relegation looking 'very likely' to quite likely because I don't want to give up all hope just yet! And you never know, I suppose a Villa win on Sunday is a slight possibility if Man City get a red card and we get an own goal or a deflection or something flukey like that, fingers crossed.

Yeah and then a couple of deflections in off the referee's bum to cancel out the goals that 10-man City score against us anyway.

I really think the Houllier health problem was a lot more of a bump in the road than people give it credit for. We'd gone in a new direction, we were becoming a bit more continental in our style of play and towards the end (under McAllister's caretaking) we picked up again after the bumpy transition from MON's traditional counter attacking style.

It all really went to shit after that. Hopefully this will be what we were trying to do all those years ago and it'll work out this time.

Certainly a bump in the road, but the appointment was a bad one from the start. There were any number of people at the time questioning the wisdom of giving the job to a man with a history of heart problems, and look what happened...

Still at least we got to see Pires in a Villa shirt.

Anybody else find it odd that there haven't been any training photos this week? 

Hopefully he's told the geniuses at AVFC.comedy to take the week off, learn how to spell, and come back next week refreshed.

• Like 2

Â