The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Does anyone else think garde was always first choice? just wondering if we wanted moyes or rodgers but neither were interested

Yes. I think Moyes and Rodgers was rubbish created by the media & betting shops to draw in more money. Would be a bit of a rubbish market if there was only one contender

Edited by mwj

Does anyone else think garde was always first choice? just wondering if we wanted moyes or rodgers but neither were interested

Yes. I think Moyes and Rodgers was rubbish created by the media. 

Agree - within hours of Sherwood leaving, Garde was nailed on as his replacement. I don't think anyone else was even spoken to, although they will have been considered prior to Garde being made first choice, probably 2-3 weeks before Sherwood left.

For me it's a 27 game season starting this weekend, and we need 36 points. We've got to be 100% behind him.

That is 9 wins, 9 draws and 9 defeats. That is a big ask IMO considering it's going to take him a few games to fully get his ideas across. I wonder if it's a step too far considering we've already dropped a lot of vital points from 'winnable' home games this season.

Could any of you see us winning 9, 10 or 11 games this season?

When you put it like that, it doesn't sound impossible. We would quite easily win one third of our games for the reason of the season. If we manage to string together a decent run from the Newcastle game onwards, we might be a decent part of the way there. I think its less likely we will get 9 draws - maybe 10 wins and and 6 draws is more realistic. Is it too early in the day to be drinking?!

I don't even think we need 36 points from 27 games.   That would take us to 40 points which is the magic number quoted around in the press. But the average to stay safe is around 36 points i believe.

So we actually need 32 points from 27 games.  8 wins, 8 draws, 11 losses.

For me it's a 27 game season starting this weekend, and we need 36 points. We've got to be 100% behind him.

That is 9 wins, 9 draws and 9 defeats. That is a big ask IMO considering it's going to take him a few games to fully get his ideas across. I wonder if it's a step too far considering we've already dropped a lot of vital points from 'winnable' home games this season.

When you put it like that, it doesn't sound impossible. We would quite easily win one third of our games for the reason of the season. If we manage to string together a decent run from the Newcastle game onwards, we might be a decent part of the way there. I think its less likely we will get 9 draws - maybe 10 wins and and 6 draws is more realistic. Is it too early in the day to be drinking?!

I don't even think we need 36 points from 27 games.   That would take us to 40 points which is the magic number quoted around in the press. But the average to stay safe is around 36 points i believe.

whats there to worry about, that's *easy*

With Monday's team we would certainly be capable of picking up the latter. The first two, not so much.

If we can win at least 8 games out of 27, then we have a fighting chance. If we can't win 8 games then we just have to accept that we deserve to go down.

• Like 1

I dont think we will reach 30 points this year looking at the remaining fixtures

Bloody foreigners, coming over here taking our jobs... er.... forcing their countrymen to speak our language..... er...... shouldn't be allowed.

I know it's sarcasm but I fail to see the point of this. Literally nobody has even suggested anything like this.

Unbelievable stuff on here this morning!! Are we really going to continue to pick apart press conferences and post match interviews word by word to find something to moan about. 

After about 3 games this season, I was ridiculed for questioning what TS said in post match interviews. About 2/3 weeks later this whole forum was lambasting him about it. 

Nobody is moaning about anything. What he said about the french lads could have been worded better that's all. Had people not been yulijising over the so called genius behind 'the english lads need to speak slower', I probably wouldn't have battered an eyelid. 

I think there's still space in Veretout's English class if you want me to sign you up? ;)

Damn

Note to self:  must read predictive text more slowly.

I didn't want Moyes or Rodgers in particular......but let's face it anyone that doesn't fancy it is saying they don't fancy the task.....so why should we want someone who don't fancy the task....we want fighters.

you have to have confidence in your own ability.

there are not that many clubs bigger than ours, despite our fall from grace, so why would you not fancy raising the titanic......says it all about those two for me.

Edited by TRO

Unbelievable stuff on here this morning!! Are we really going to continue to pick apart press conferences and post match interviews word by word to find something to moan about. 

After about 3 games this season, I was ridiculed for questioning what TS said in post match interviews. About 2/3 weeks later this whole forum was lambasting him about it. 

Nobody is moaning about anything. What he said about the french lads could have been worded better that's all. Had people not been yulijising over the so called genius behind 'the english lads need to speak slower', I probably wouldn't have battered an eyelid. 

I think there's still space in Veretout's English class if you want me to sign you up? ;)

Damn

Damn

Damn

Â