The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 observations from the window:

- It's nice to have an actual grown-up in charge again. 

- It's really annoying that the Sky guy in that video is speaking like an American presenter. The sort of slow, moronic shouting as if he's talking to a room of senile old people. 

• Like 4

So Garde doesn't have a problem in working in a set up a lot of clubs have anyway? Shock horror. The way the media does stuff makes you laugh. Or shout with rage.

Overall very professional, and calm conference.  Appears to talk a lot of sense.Lets hope he settles in quick and turns the good ship AVFC around.

So Garde doesn't have a problem in working in a set up a lot of clubs have anyway? Shock horror. The way the media does stuff makes you laugh. Or shout with rage.

Overall very professional, and calm conference.  Appears to talk a lot of sense.Lets hope he settles in quick and turns the good ship AVFC around.

They make me laugh with rage ;)

To be fair to the press, the previous incumbent had a massive whinge about "my players versus their players" in the summer transfers so it was an obvious question to ask.

Garde made it very clear: "I need that support staff, but I get the final say". (I would have been surprised if it was any different under Sherwood, tbh).

It was good to see Kozak in that training video. Must have been a demoralizing season for him thus far after finally recovering from his injury. He may not force his way back in over the next few weeks but hopefully it's not a closed shop for him as it evidently was with Sherwood.

Ah. Just out of interest, who do you think was the last grown-up we had?

Ron Saunders

Most of the guys we've had as managers at least act like adults - Sherwood was like a chavvy teenager half the time in his interviews.  

Sherwood was head cheerleader for Team Sherwood. It was all about him, and he came off as quite insecure.

You get the feeling with Garde he is much more stable and all about the team, with any personal recognition stemming from the overall team performance.

Ah. Just out of interest, who do you think was the last grown-up we had?

Kevin MacDonald.

The guy before him, however, was like a teenager who'd won a competition to manage Villa for a bit.

Edited by Stevo985

To be fair to the press, the previous incumbent had a massive whinge about "my players versus their players" in the summer transfers so it was an obvious question to ask.

Garde made it very clear: "I need that support staff, but I get the final say". (I would have been surprised if it was any different under Sherwood, tbh).

You don't understand, Stan Collymore knows better.

• Like 2

Sherwood even said himself that that was the way it was.

Jesus. Is this our future? Losing 2-0 to Bayern away in the champions league?

Wenger's protege OUT

or

Woohoo... Is this our future, winning 2-0 to Arsenal in the champions league at home?

The French Guardiola IN

If were playing in a competition in the next few years that starts with champions and doesn't end with 'hip' then it will be a minor miracle.

your definition of minor falls way below the commonly held one.

Â