The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Harry Redknapp has admitted that he was shocked when Villa appointed Remi Garde.

He stated: "Garde would never have come to my mind if asking me [for a manager].

Thanks for that 'Arry.

Not one of your `mates' then, `arry?

Candleface probably applies but was too not qualified enough

Harry Redknapp has admitted that he was shocked when Villa appointed Remi Garde.

He stated: "Garde would never have come to my mind if asking me [for a manager].

Thanks for that 'Arry.

This is how I know we made the right choice in manager

• Like 3

Waiting to see his first team selection. I suppose it will take him a few sessions to work out who he can rely on. I read somewhere that he favours a midfield diamond and a pressing game. Let's see if his selection reflects that.

I'd have been pleased if he'd said 'as with previous manager, I will have the final say on transfers'....

Yeah there was an opportunity for a bit of shit stirring that he let go.  I think he is the kind of manager who will let you read between the lines with a knowing smirk (i.e. he's French) rather than say anything ridiculous like Tim.  I like him, I just hope he picks the right players and develops something good.

I'd have been pleased if he'd said 'as with previous manager, I will have the final say on transfers'....

Yeah there was an opportunity for a bit of shit stirring that he let go.  I think he is the kind of manager who will let you read between the lines with a knowing smirk (i.e. he's French) rather than say anything ridiculous like Tim.  I like him, I just hope he picks the right players and develops something good.

It's just the letting Sherwood's assertions be accepted as fact that winds me up. I'd like someone to say absolutely not, this club doesn't ignore the manager (whoever that may be) when it comes to player recruitment.

Also, Remi is three years older than Tim... He appears to have looked after himself better. Looks significantly younger at least, although six months at Villa should see that right

• Like 2

It's just the letting Sherwood's assertions be accepted as fact that winds me up. I'd like someone to say absolutely not, this club doesn't ignore the manager (whoever that may be) when it comes to player recruitment.

Indeed, I agree totally.  Hopefully our results and the performance of certain players show Sherwood up for the **** he is.

Â