The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Banning speaking french? Hmmm. Can't say I see that as a good move.

You are probably right. I mean it definitely makes more sense to have poor communication on the pitch, in the dressing room and at BMH.

In a potentially divided dressing room short of confidence ensuring everyone speaks the same language is absolutely guaranteed to make things worse.

Especially when it's a language none of them can speak. It's certainly it going to help those French players adjust to loving and working in England.

What a fool Garde is, I can't believe he hasn't followed Wenger's example and made everyone only speak French. Ray Palour, Merson and Tony Adams all clearly benefited from it.

So to ensure communication is solid, languages need to be banned? 

Surely a better way to increase communication and indeed team morale might be for the English players to help the french players speak English and at the same time gabby and Co could learn another language themselves. 

I didn't say languages need to be banned, I rather suspect Garde didn't either but it makes for a good headline especially for certain elements of the media. 

Are you seriously trying to argue that the rest of the squad should learn French, despite probably having no grounding in it in order to help these players make the transition. And that that is a better idea than the French players, most of whom already actually speak English and all of whom have at least some English use that language. The language of the country they are now living and working.

Never mind the fact there are more English speakers than French, lets cancel training two days a week and get a language tutor in and they can learn to ask where the bakery is. I'm sure that will help us mark on corners.

What about the other nationalities? Do the rest of the squad need to learn Spanish as well as French?

I'm sorry but this criticism is just a little daft and actually seems like criticism for the sake of it.

Wenger insisted on English back in 1996 and so i'd imagine does just about every other overseas manager working in this country, just as I'm sure is the case all over Europe the domestic language is the language of the dressing room. 

Sorry Woody but I agree with TV here. If Gabby and Westwood went to France would the rest of the squad be expected to speak English to cater them? 

Is this an available option?

• Like 4

Does anyone else think garde was always first choice? just wondering if we wanted moyes or rodgers but neither were interested

i think he was up there as a choice when we went for sherwood

• Like 1

The talk in the Clark thread threw up Richards at right back. Sherwood was obliged to play him centrally and made him his captain in that position. He's looked good there but doesn't a back four of...

Richards ----- Okore ----- Clark ------ Amavi

....look better than what we've been putting out? Obviously only possible when Okore is back to match fitness but the main point is this, will Garde play Richards at RB? He never promised Richards anything and surely Richards can't refuse to play there?

• Like 1

Yes Richards has impressed in the middle and Hutton has been good down the right. Still though, we've not been keeping many clean sheets that way (through no fault of theirs). It'll be interesting to see where Garde favours Richards IMO, I think he's more free to play Richards at RB than Sherwood was, whether he will or not is another thing. The choice of captain will be interesting too I spose.

Bloody foreigners, coming over here taking our jobs... er.... forcing their countrymen to speak our language..... er...... shouldn't be allowed.

I know it's sarcasm but I fail to see the point of this. Literally nobody has even suggested anything like this.

classic

point being that the sarcasm doesn't tie in with anything being said. 

Anybody think we will bring Cissokho back? I thought he was decent at worst. Not really attacking but pretty solid. More so than Richardson for sure, wouldn't mind him and Amavi being the two options at Left Back!

Lyon moved him on in the August after Garde's first season. Obviously I don't know the full story there, he made 48 appearances in 11/12 and then started the first couple of games the following season so it could have well been a financial decision. 

Reading back through Cissokho's history, he was a very highly regarded talent not all that long ago. Something went awry, because I'm sure we didn't see that player. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/04/aly-cissokho-reacts-to-remi-gardes-appointment-at-aston-villa/

Cissokho left Aston Villa under Tim Sherwood to join Porto on a season-long loan deal, and the left-back has told L’Equipe that he is pleased with the appointment of Remi Garde, although he is not sure if it will change his situation at the club.

Cissokho said: “I don't want to knock Sherwood, but Garde is a very good coach. He did a great job in Lyon. To take a team that is last, it is a very big challenge... We'll see if his arrival changes everything for me.”

• Like 1

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/04/aly-cissokho-reacts-to-remi-gardes-appointment-at-aston-villa/

Cissokho left Aston Villa under Tim Sherwood to join Porto on a season-long loan deal, and the left-back has told L’Equipe that he is pleased with the appointment of Remi Garde, although he is not sure if it will change his situation at the club.

Cissokho said: “I don't want to knock Sherwood, but Garde is a very good coach. He did a great job in Lyon. To take a team that is last, it is a very big challenge... We'll see if his arrival changes everything for me.”

Â