The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Haven't bothered too much with his interviews - if we've learnt anything as Villa fans over the past few years it should be not to listen to the bollocks that comes out at any level of the club's PR "machine".

What I have picked up is that he thinks the club has a big future under a wonderful owner who has a clear sense of purpose. This seems to echo something Gerard Houllier told him.

All I can think is that Houllier must have handed Remi the MASSIVE spliff he was smoking when he was about halfway through & Remi finished it off.

• Like 3

Haven't bothered too much with his interviews - if we've learnt anything as Villa fans over the past few years it should be not to listen to the bollocks that comes out at any level of the club's PR "machine".

What I have picked up is that he thinks the club has a big future under a wonderful owner who has a clear sense of purpose. This seems to echo something Gerard Houllier told him.

All I can think is that Houllier must have handed Remi the MASSIVE spliff he was smoking when he was about halfway through & Remi finished it off.

You contradict yourself a bit there.

Unbelievable stuff on here this morning!! Are we really going to continue to pick apart press conferences and post match interviews word by word to find something to moan about. 

After about 3 games this season, I was ridiculed for questioning what TS said in post match interviews. About 2/3 weeks later this whole forum was lambasting him about it. 

Nobody is moaning about anything. What he said about the french lads could have been worded better that's all. Had people not been yulijising over the so called genius behind 'the english lads need to speak slower', I probably wouldn't have battered an eyelid. 

I'm sure once he's got a better grasp of the English language, he'll be able to "word things better".  Much like all the newer players in our squad, who will be able to communicate more effectively.

Cannot believe this is being fussed over.  Garde comes across as Wenger-lite and I'm absolutely all for that.

Its more of what he does than what he says.

But Hey, cut him some slack and give him a chance.

We have seen a lot and become cynical, perfectly understandable in my view.

but lets not burden HIM with our recent history..... its a new day and a fresh slate.

Managers need motivating too.....lets give him a reception like he has never seen before.....It will go a long way to instilling confidence in him to do it his way, if he knows the fans are united behind him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

The managers have to say good things about Lerner because he's employing them. Let's see if he thinks the same way if he's here in a year or two and not given any backing in the transfer market.

For now, I am just happy that we have a manager at all and, that he seems to be level headed and with knowledge of formations and tactics. That'll do for starters!

• Like 1

lets not burden HIM with our recent history.....

its a new day and a fresh slate.  Managers need motivating too.....lets give him a reception like he has never seen before.....It will go a long way to instilling confidence in him to do it his way, if he knows the fans are united behind him.

Amen to that

• Like 1

I think Woody is right.  Rather than banning French, he should require that every player speak in the language of the person to whom they are directing the comment.  So, one should speak French when speaking to Idrissa, Spanish when speaking to Carlos, and Mumble when speaking to Gabby.  It would be a wonderful exercise language development and cultural awareness for everyone on the team, instead of placing the unfair language burden on the newcomers.

Oh, even better, we can change our team name to AVFLC  (Aston Villa Foreign Language Club).

Now, can we find a video of the old coke commercial where everybody is singing about spreading peace and love?

For me it's a 27 game season starting this weekend, and we need 36 points. We've got to be 100% behind him.

That is 9 wins, 9 draws and 9 defeats. That is a big ask IMO considering it's going to take him a few games to fully get his ideas across. I wonder if it's a step too far considering we've already dropped a lot of vital points from 'winnable' home games this season.

Could any of you see us winning 9, 10 or 11 games this season?

When you put it like that, it doesn't sound impossible. We would quite easily win one third of our games for the reason of the season. If we manage to string together a decent run from the Newcastle game onwards, we might be a decent part of the way there. I think its less likely we will get 9 draws - maybe 10 wins and and 6 draws is more realistic. Is it too early in the day to be drinking?!

• Like 1

Unbelievable stuff on here this morning!! Are we really going to continue to pick apart press conferences and post match interviews word by word to find something to moan about. 

After about 3 games this season, I was ridiculed for questioning what TS said in post match interviews. About 2/3 weeks later this whole forum was lambasting him about it. 

Nobody is moaning about anything. What he said about the french lads could have been worded better that's all. Had people not been yulijising over the so called genius behind 'the english lads need to speak slower', I probably wouldn't have battered an eyelid. 

I'm sure once he's got a better grasp of the English language, he'll be able to.....

........tell them all ,to **** off.:)

Edited by TRO

For me it's a 27 game season starting this weekend, and we need 36 points. We've got to be 100% behind him.

That is 9 wins, 9 draws and 9 defeats. That is a big ask IMO considering it's going to take him a few games to fully get his ideas across. I wonder if it's a step too far considering we've already dropped a lot of vital points from 'winnable' home games this season.

Could any of you see us winning 9, 10 or 11 games this season?

When you put it like that, it doesn't sound impossible. We would quite easily win one third of our games for the reason of the season. If we manage to string together a decent run from the Newcastle game onwards, we might be a decent part of the way there. I think its less likely we will get 9 draws - maybe 10 wins and and 6 draws is more realistic. Is it too early in the day to be drinking?!

Of course it isn't impossible, the gap at the moment is one that you would be hoping you could over turn in the last 6 games of the season let alone with only 1/4 gone. The problem is we've not looked like a team to this point who will win enough games. Hopefully it hasn't just been down to the quality of the players and we've now got a manager that knows what he is doing. I'm confident we will improve, just hope it doesn't take too long.

Â