New manager

KJT123

Do you still think its Remi Garde then Trent?Just hope its sorted soon as some of the names popping up are terrible and would be a huge mistake.

Yes.

As I've said previously the press get ahead of these things then put out all kinds of crap.

I think it will be Garde and my guess would be perhaps before Monday or not much after.

Are we ever going to get our first choice of manager or players.

we want the players to play with conviction.....but the board /owner do not conduct their business with conviction.

One thing that has changed TRO is player power.

An authoritarian back in the day could demand that his players do it his way or they were out! Essentially threatening their ability to make a living.

A Pearson style appointment coming in and ruling the roost could alienate the squad... 'who the **** is this ******?' 

Players make a crap load of money these days and can engineer moves as easily as they like.

He is a rather dislikeable bloke and you need the players onside. 

Well this pandering to them, don' t seem to be working either.

Edited by TRO

Pearson? Blimey think I'm going to stick my head in the sand and wait for this madness to pass. ;)

....or just disagree and then you won't mess your hair up:)

Edited by TRO

I wonder whether the decision makers at the club have accepted relegation and now all the things they are doing are driven by next season and what we do in the championship. 

We would still get £99m for finishing bottom, I don't think going down is a major worry. Getting back up at the first attempt is key. They must have planned for it, all the new signings have relegation clauses in their contracts allegedly

But then we don't get Premier League money the season after. We will lost out on something like £100m.

It's really basic economics. If they want that cash they are going to have to go balls deep. We need a manager, now. We need to spend big on a striker in January. Otherwise we in all likelyhood will go down and next seasons money is lost to us.

As an average fan I could not give a **** about money. But I appreciate now is not a time to get left behind.

As far as I understand we would get £99m for coming last this season, then we would get 55% of the equal share broadcast revenue in year 1, 45% in year 2 and 20% in year 3. We would need to get promoted within 2 seasons

Didn't K Mac more or less say it would be Garde too?

Did he? when?

Someone in here posted that he said the manager will be the one prominently featured in the news or something. Didn't see the interview myself.

Didn't K Mac more or less say it would be Garde too?

Talksport reporter (for what it's worth) spoke to KMac after the game and tweeted.

'Kevin McDonald also basically said the next @avfcofficial manager would a name prominently mentioned in the press in the last few days'

Link

Edited by piav_k4

I wonder whether the decision makers at the club have accepted relegation and now all the things they are doing are driven by next season and what we do in the championship. 

We would still get £99m for finishing bottom, I don't think going down is a major worry. Getting back up at the first attempt is key. They must have planned for it, all the new signings have relegation clauses in their contracts allegedly

And how many are likely to stay. Only ones I could see staying from main squad are gabby, lescott, rudy, richardson, bacuna, hutton and maybe westwood

Think amavi, guzan, okore, richards, clark, veretout, ayew, traore, gana, sanchez will all go leaving us having to build a championship team that may go up and then get relegated again

And how many are likely to stay. Only ones I could see staying from main squad are gabby, lescott, rudy, richardson, bacuna, hutton and maybe westwood

Think amavi, guzan, okore, richards, clark, veretout, ayew, traore, gana, sanchez will all go leaving us having to build a championship team that may go up and then get relegated again

The majority of those have relegation clauses written in to their contracts, certainly all the summer signings do. they can leave if we decide to sell them

I've found Trent to be more reliable than anyone on any forums I've ever seen - I hope that garde is in shortly and we can down to the football again - a tough long winter ahead but we have time on our  side still.

if mourinho got sacked by Chelsea...if we went for him with the angle of prove you are the best. All the clubs you've been at have had bagfuls of money and were already in the top 3 of their league. Have a real challenge Jose, bottom of the league, little money, poor squad, huge task.

if mourinho got sacked by Chelsea...if we went for him with the angle of prove you are the best. All the clubs you've been at have had bagfuls of money and were already in the top 3 of their league. Have a real challenge Jose, bottom of the league, little money, poor squad, huge task.

Keep dreamin', there's a 0% chance of mourinho coming here.

• Like 1