New manager

KJT123

I wonder whether the decision makers at the club have accepted relegation and now all the things they are doing are driven by next season and what we do in the championship. 

We would still get £99m for finishing bottom, I don't think going down is a major worry. Getting back up at the first attempt is key. They must have planned for it, all the new signings have relegation clauses in their contracts allegedly

But then we don't get Premier League money the season after. We will lost out on something like £100m.

It's really basic economics. If they want that cash they are going to have to go balls deep. We need a manager, now. We need to spend big on a striker in January. Otherwise we in all likelyhood will go down and next seasons money is lost to us.

As an average fan I could not give a **** about money. But I appreciate now is not a time to get left behind.

• Like 3

I concur with Graeme souness.....Nigel Pearson.

the next man needs to be a disciplinarian.....not a bully.

but someone with an air of authority and a steely streak......yes like Ron Saunders, dour and tough.

these ones with all the "ideas" is all very well......the ideas dry up when you keep losing.

there is not much that is new in football......in over a hundred years, most of it has been thought of.

we need to get back to old fashioned values.....the basics are not right at villa let alone this theory of sophisticated nouveau approach.

If we, and I emphasise IF, we have bought a bunch of French "pigs in pokes" is it not just compounding the problem as opposed to enhancing it by appointing a French manager.

we should get back to what we know best, dismantle it and start again with the right man.....Nigel Pearson.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

We just need someone who will pick:

Guzan; Hutton Richards Clark Amavi; Gana Westwood/Sanchez; Adama Gil Grealish; Ayew

or thereabouts.  Motivate them, don't call them losers, pick a balanced XI, don't pick Gestede or Gabby to start, play with pace, have a go at home, don't put two forwards on where you're 2-0 up away, don't waste money on Premier League 'experience' in January for the sake of it, hold your nerve with the young players, don't cry in interviews etc.  

• Like 4

Hahahaha

TRO you are good value, I'll give you that.

thank you I will accept it with the sincerity that it was delivered.....you sarc........

i don' t why we bother interviewing, we should just give you the job.

Edited by TRO

Dunno if I'm allowed but I've written my first blog for uni on Remi Garde and why I don't think he's a good option. If any of you are interested here it is. Be putting a few villa bits up every week or 2. 

Cheers :)  ikorraks.wordpress.com

We really need someone in before the Tottenham game, we have 3 tough matches coming up.

Need a tactician to figure out how we can try at the very least get a draw from them.  Going to have to park the bus, no lapses in concentration!!

I concur with Graeme souness.....Nigel Pearson.

the next man needs to be a disciplinarian.....not a bully.

but someone with an air of authority and a steely streak......yes like Ron Saunders, dour and tough.

these ones with all the "ideas" is all very well......the ideas dry up when you keep losing.

there is not much that is new in football......in over a hundred years, most of it has been thought of.

we need to get back to old fashioned values.....the basics are not right at villa let alone this theory of sophisticated nouveau approach.

If we, and I emphasise IF, we have bought a bunch of French "pigs in pokes" is it not just compounding the problem as opposed to enhancing it by appointing a French manager.

we should get back to what we know best, dismantle it and start again with the right man.....Nigel Pearson.

• Not a bully
  • Nigel Pearson

Pick one

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

One thing that has changed TRO is player power.

An authoritarian back in the day could demand that his players do it his way or they were out! Essentially threatening their ability to make a living.

A Pearson style appointment coming in and ruling the roost could alienate the squad... 'who the **** is this ******?' 

Players make a crap load of money these days and can engineer moves as easily as they like.

He is a rather dislikeable bloke and you need the players onside. 

Edited by piav_k4

I wonder whether the decision makers at the club have accepted relegation and now all the things they are doing are driven by next season and what we do in the championship. 

As doom and gloom as it is, it would be negligent of them not to. They'll have to have raised it with Garde. Apparently only four teams have survived that were in our predicament since the PL became 20 teams. Staying up is a bonus I reckon.

I'm guessing that statistic is related to league position rather than points from safety? As making up 4 points on the others from 28 games is hardly praying for miracles territory.

• Like 2

It seems pretty obvious to me that we have agreed a deal with Garde. However getting his assistants in will be a lot tougher and we are probably negotiating with the respective clubs for compensation payments. These things take time and we probably want to announce everyone together.

Everyone's very touchy in here this morning!

It was a joke, TRO.

(but in all seriousness, I don't agree with Pearson!)

.....Steve, I know, but equally I was too.

we don't have to agree, to appreciate each other's points.....we all see the game differently and bear in mind, I' m an old fart who has been watching the passion for over 50 years.

I have always supported every new manager, because I have no monopoly on what is right, to question the appointments, however I never felt comfortable with McLeish.

I will watch with interest, because as you know, I have doubts in the short term whether this will be turned around.

I do agree with some of your points however( I have to dig deep.....just joking) but that's the nature of the beast.

we all have to remind ourselves that the majority of posts on here are opinions.....but I will sign off with a fact.

we are shit.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2