New manager

KJT123

I wonder whether the decision makers at the club have accepted relegation and now all the things they are doing are driven by next season and what we do in the championship.  

We would still get £99m for finishing bottom, I don't think going down is a major worry. Getting back up at the first attempt is key. They must have planned for it, all the new signings have relegation clauses in their contracts allegedly 

But then we don't get Premier League money the season after. We will lost out on something like £100m.

It's really basic economics. If they want that cash they are going to have to go balls deep. We need a manager, now. We need to spend big on a striker in January. Otherwise we in all likelyhood will go down and next seasons money is lost to us.

As an average fan I could not give a **** about money. But I appreciate now is not a time to get left behind.

As far as I understand we would get £99m for coming last this season, then we would get 55% of the equal share broadcast revenue in year 1, 45% in year 2 and 20% in year 3. We would need to get promoted within 2 seasons

So we would still lose £45m, give or take assuming we'd finish bottom next season instead and only that IF we are promoted right away.

It's a huge hit. That kind of money bought us 13 players this season. I'm certain it doesn't make good business sense.

It's best that it doesn't happen however with new contracts having relagtion clauses such as pay cut's if we go down it appears if the club has some sort of relegation plan in mind. I think we would be okay for a couple of seasons in the championship after that were buggered.

My mate said there's rumours of Henry as coach. I'd love that, my non-Villa hero but would we lose all our Irish Villans?

I was in Paris at the game and, while it took me a while to get over it's long since forgotten about. I actually think there'd be joyous celebrations across the country as people would be free from his nonsense on Sky every weekend. 

however with new contracts having relagtion clauses such as pay cut's if we go down it appears if the club has some sort of relegation plan in mind.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but I don't think it's fair to say that putting a relegation clause in a contract is planning for something.  I'd go the other way and say that omitting a relegation clause would be negligent.  You plan and gear towards staying up, safe in the knowledge that you're not screwed if (not 'when') you go down, because you gave out sensible contracts.

Meanwhile on planet deluded.....

Not only has Dwight Yorke thrown his hat in the ring for the job but now he is saying how he has Sir Alex 'let me write you a letter' Ferguson's backing.

Proving once and for all Dwight is very much in touch with us as a fan base, Holte End hero that he is :)

I'd love to have an honest chat with him and just remind him of some his actions and ask him how he thinks we view him and why we no longer sing his song the way we do for other ex players. I get the feeling he hasn't got a clue.

There's nothing quite like a Sir Alex Ferguson letter of recommendation. 

My mate said there's rumours of Henry as coach. I'd love that, my non-Villa hero but would we lose all our Irish Villans?

I was in Paris at the game and, while it took me a while to get over it's long since forgotten about. I actually think there'd be joyous celebrations across the country as people would be free from his nonsense on Sky every weekend. 

Well his punditry offers zero insight into the sport of Football, so it's entirely possible that the guy would be a terrible coach. Just because you were a great player it doesn't mean you'll be a great coach.

• Like 1

VT just died for half an hour.  That usually means something is happening.

Ennit. Although seemingly, nothing has.

Garde dropping his TV duties isn't nothing! It's almost nothing though..

Not only has Dwight Yorke thrown his hat in the ring for the job but now he is saying how he has Sir Alex 'let me write you a letter' Ferguson's backing.

Proving once and for all Dwight is very much in touch with us as a fan base, Holte End hero that he is :)

I'd love to have an honest chat with him and just remind him of some his actions and ask him how he thinks we view him and why we no longer sing his song the way we do for other ex players. I get the feeling he hasn't got a clue.

There's nothing quite like a Sir Alex Ferguson letter of recommendation. 

i mean what sort of chairman would fall for that type of thing?

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

I couldn't agree more - what a prat.  He seems quite deluded

What is even more mystifying is that certain media channels and ex-pros seem to think that he is a beloved figure around VP

You are not welcome here Dwight. 

47_dwight_yorke.jpg

Dwight Yorke - "Birmingham are regarded as bigger than Aston Villa."

"I lived here for nine years and people have always said that Birmingham supporters are much greater in the city."

Bad enough he said this, but this isn't even the reason no sane Villa fan wants him anywhere near the managers job!

• Like 2