New manager

KJT123

Maybe Fox is attempting to get Garde to speak to the Lyon president see if can released. This is similar to what happened to Jean II Makoun, initally he wouldnt let Makoun leave but Houllier personally went over there and spoke to the Lyon president who allowed him to join us. 

if mourinho got sacked by Chelsea...if we went for him with the angle of prove you are the best. All the clubs you've been at have had bagfuls of money and were already in the top 3 of their league. Have a real challenge Jose, bottom of the league, little money, poor squad, huge task.

He wouldn't even entertain the idea.

if mourinho got sacked by Chelsea...if we went for him with the angle of prove you are the best. All the clubs you've been at have had bagfuls of money and were already in the top 3 of their league. Have a real challenge Jose, bottom of the league, little money, poor squad, huge task.

He wouldn't even entertain the idea.

I refuse to believe the OP believes there is the remotest possibility that Mourinho would even talk to Fox about the possibility of thinking about starting initial discussions. We wouldn't even get passed Jose's agent. 

Dunno if I'm allowed but I've written my first blog for uni on Remi Garde and why I don't think he's a good option. If any of you are interested here it is. Be putting a few villa bits up every week or 2. 

Cheers :)  ikorraks.wordpress.com

I hope this isn't seen as shameless self-advertising, it probably is but I'd be posting the exact same stuff on here anyway. I think it's gonna be Remi Garde, but my choice would be Martin Jol. I did some research into it and here's why...

https://ikorraks.wordpress.com/2015/10/29/why-martin-jol-should-be-aston-villas-next-manager/

No thanks, terrible record at VP

• Like 2

I wonder whether the decision makers at the club have accepted relegation and now all the things they are doing are driven by next season and what we do in the championship.  

We would still get £99m for finishing bottom, I don't think going down is a major worry. Getting back up at the first attempt is key. They must have planned for it, all the new signings have relegation clauses in their contracts allegedly 

But then we don't get Premier League money the season after. We will lost out on something like £100m.

It's really basic economics. If they want that cash they are going to have to go balls deep. We need a manager, now. We need to spend big on a striker in January. Otherwise we in all likelyhood will go down and next seasons money is lost to us.

As an average fan I could not give a **** about money. But I appreciate now is not a time to get left behind.

As far as I understand we would get £99m for coming last this season, then we would get 55% of the equal share broadcast revenue in year 1, 45% in year 2 and 20% in year 3. We would need to get promoted within 2 seasons

So we would still lose £45m, give or take assuming we'd finish bottom next season instead and only that IF we are promoted right away.

It's a huge hit. That kind of money bought us 13 players this season. I'm certain it doesn't make good business sense.

My mate said there's rumours of Henry as coach. I'd love that, my non-Villa hero but would we lose all our Irish Villans?

Nope not here.  The whole handball thing is only a pantomime villain thing.  Doesn't really bother me.  I never particularly took to the man before that, as wonderful as he undoubtedly was as a footballer.  I'd have no problem if Garde saw him as adding something to his coaching team.  In fact I'd be intrigued to see how good he could be.  He could be quite the coup if he can translate his abilities into coaching.

• Like 1

My mate said there's rumours of Henry as coach. I'd love that, my non-Villa hero but would we lose all our Irish Villans?

Nope not here.  The whole handball thing is only a pantomime villain thing.  Doesn't really bother me.  I never particularly took to the man before that, as wonderful as he undoubtedly was as a footballer.  I'd have no problem if Garde saw him as adding something to his coaching team.  In fact I'd be intrigued to see how good he could be.  He could be quite the coup if he can translate his abilities into coaching.

I doubt he can otherwise he would be at Arsenal rather than shrugging and spouting rubbish on Sky.

• Like 2