Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Richards is a better RB than any we have/could attract so we should be playing him there. Nkoulou is out of contract this year so get him in at CB. New GK required and someone to put the ball in the net regularly. Austin is proven at doing that in the prem so he would be my first choice followed by Remy but if we cant get a proven prem striker then Embolo seems to be the most exciting looking player we have been linked with in recent times.

With both Austin and Nkoulou having 6 months left on contracts and the GK's we have been linked with tending to be valued around £3m - £4m, we could pick up all 3 signings for around £15m (which I think Randy would sanction).

Just my opinion!

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

Linked with Charlie Austin again. Expected that link to come up after the summer.

Has anyone said:

"No way will he sign for us" Yet?

If not, I'll put me name down to do so.

I'd like to be proven wrong but I feel that (as with most potential signings), with the money coming into the PL in the summer, nobody is going to sign a contract in January, when they can wait till summer and dictate far bigger terms. This is more relevant with us, given that we have less than a 50% chance of being in this league next season.

The only decent experienced players will be loan signings-Any purchases will be players from abroad that no-one else is after

I'm in the linked to everyone signed for no one camp, has anyone ever even put a bid in? His stock isn't as high as last summer, there's something not quite right about Austin, no one willing to take what is for some reason seen as a risk, where we are it's a risk worth taking 

funny thing football, majority of people were expecting kozak and/or gestede to be our prolific striker, turns out ayew has much more to prove seeing as hes competing against his brother, he still needs someone big and strong to play off though, austin would be great but cant see it happening

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm in the linked to everyone signed for no one camp, has anyone ever even put a bid in? His stock isn't as high as last summer, there's something not quite right about Austin, no one willing to take what is for some reason seen as a risk, where we are it's a risk worth taking 

I suppose that horrible human David Sullivan comments have convinced some teams he is a medical risk

40 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

I hope it's not a bunch of French 'prospects'. 

TBH we are building for next year now.

If we are to bring in any prospects i wouldnt mind bringing them in now to give them 6 months before the real stuff starts.

Here's the problem we are shit because we don't function as a unit , just a group of individuals adding more is not going to help this 

Norwich man for man are not better than us yet they won today as they are a group who have played together a while and had success.This death spiral of shitness has gone on for 5 years so any experienced players we have are all damaged goods from constantly playing in losing teams

Sure whilst mathematically possibly we have to try but adding 4 or 5 players to this squad I'm not sure it will help they simply won't gel quickly enough  

21 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

I believe we are signing players with a view to keeping us in the league, not signing players for next season. 

That actually worries me because if they're good enough for the PL then they will leave once we are relegated.

11 hours ago, supernova26 said:

I believe we are signing players with a view to keeping us in the league, not signing players for next season. 

You may be right, but in that case the club is mad. Our signings would need to be more ney-mar than nai-smith

Mail has linked us with Hatem Ben Arfa

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-rumour-mill-10660813

The winger once of Newcastle - remember him?

Frenchman Ben Arfa has been catching the eye again for Nice, and Villa are reportedly rivalling European giants Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund for his services in January.

Now 28, Ben Arfa has scored seven times in just 18 appearances for Nice this season.

He also played on loan for Hull last season.

Bamford ends Palace loan early. (sauce; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35191686 ) If he doesn't play for Chelsea then would he be available for another loan move in January or does that 3 club thing come into play?

I'd imagine he would sign for us and he is also proven at Championship level too to get us back up.

Edited by villanwesty88

(Slightly old news) Apparently we watched Leeds play Wolves just before Christmas and were scouting Sam Byram and Benik Afobe. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the type of player we go for. Young players doing well in the Championship at clubs unlikely to get promoted this year who could take a step up. Hopefully hit the ground running and keep us up but who could also help us come back up.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dakid007 said:

Manadanda

Debuchy Okore Lescott cissokho

Sanchez gueye

Traore Veretout Ayew

?

Even with this side and a new striker like Austin.. by the time they gel.. they will pick up maybe 20-25 points. Its still too little too late.