Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Austin will not come to us, period. In 6 months time he will get a good contract at a top 10 side, Stoke, Everton etc

Remy would be an outside chance, but why? We need title winning form from here till April which is just not going to happen. Let it go mate

Other teams have survived from worse positions. Survival is looking increasingly unlikely with each passing game, but whilst it's still mathematically possible to stay the team can't just give up. There will be plenty of time to prepare for the Championship in the summer, should we get relegated.

• Like 3

If Austin was going to get any offers from top ten clubs then he probably would have had them by now, maybe top ten clubs aren't prepared to a risk on him. Unfortunately in our position we might have to take such risk to give us a chance.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, useless said:

Other teams have survived from worse positions. Survival is looking increasingly unlikely with each passing game, but whilst it's still mathematically possible to stay the team can't just give up. There will be plenty of time to prepare for the Championship in the summer, should we get relegated.

Who?

Edited by rodders0223

49 minutes ago, useless said:

Who has survived from a worse position out of interest?

Leicester last season, West Ham when Tevez kept them up and I think I'm right in saying that Sunderland were about 8 points adrift with about six games to go a couple of seasons ago, which I'd say is a worse position than we are in right now. Besides I don't think we should be worrying who's done what in the past and just worry about what we've got to do.

Were Leicester ever as far adrift as us though, they had about 12 points by end of September I think last year and we only had 22 points in February so doubt the gulf was 10 points to 17th although could be wrong of course.

With West Ham I don't really see enough a Tevez in our squad tbh. Fair enough on Sunderland, that's a good example.

We've never been this far behind though with the outlook so bleak. Never in any of the Lambert seasons or indeed last season. When Sherwood took over think we were 2 or 3 points off 17th. And of course we had Benteke in our squad.

We are down.

1 hour ago, mwj said:

Austin will not come to us, period. In 6 months time he will get a good contract at a top 10 side, Stoke, Everton etc

Remy would be an outside chance, but why? We need title winning form from here till April which is just not going to happen. Let it go mate

Austin was red hot in summer and nobody really came in for him and by sounds of it only Newcastle seem interested at the moment

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Were Leicester ever as far adrift as us though, they had about 12 points by end of September I think last year and we only had 22 points in February so doubt the gulf was 10 points to 17th although could be wrong of course.

With West Ham I don't really see enough a Tevez in our squad tbh. Fair enough on Sunderland, that's a good example.

We've never been this far behind though with the outlook so bleak. Never in any of the Lambert seasons or indeed last season. When Sherwood took over think we were 2 or 3 points off 17th. And of course we had Benteke in our squad.

We are down.

When I famously predicted Leicester would survive against the odds they were ten points adrift of safety. With a lot less games left to play than we have now. I'm sure down the years there must be plenty of examples if you think beyond the Premier years. But as I say I think we should just concentrate on what we have to do rather than what other teams have or haven't done. I'm still hopeful but not very confident.

• Like 2

Bryam & Mowatt from Leeds could be worth a go. Rico Henry sounds like he's going to be the real deal. Inler from Leicester would add class to our midfield. all realistic achievable additions to our squad. Maybe a GK.

13 hours ago, mwj said:

I'm not sure which top ten side would want him. I get the feeling he would want to be the main striker not a back up, which rules out the Arsenal, City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton. I don't think he would fit into the style of play that Hughes is developing at Stoke. Possibly go to Palace but Wickham is starting to do very well.

Grade has confirmed Remy is one of the players we hope to sign on loan, it would make more sense to get him on loan than Austin who would only go on a permanent deal and we are way down the list of potential clubs for him.  I think Remy would be perfect on loan, hope it happens and quickly.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Grade has confirmed Remy is one of the players we hope to sign on loan, it would make more sense to get him on loan than Austin who would only go on a permanent deal and we are way down the list of potential clubs for him.  I think Remy would be perfect on loan, hope it happens and quickly.

Exactly the kind of thing we need (think it's too late though but you never know).