Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I hope we focus on a new striker and left back.

A new goalkeeper would also be a bonus to challenge Goose and our RB of choice isn't that good at defending so another one of those would be nice.

Loic would go a long way to making me smile.

If Remi could somehow upgrade Hutton, Bacuna, Sanchez, Gestede and Sinclair and sell Gabby and Nzog - we would have a shot. I have a weird feeling that Randy will buy whoever Garde wants.

Edit - Oh and Guzan.

Edited by Jareth
Guzan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Contract ends next summer as well. Could get him on the cheap maybe?

I think other clubs will look at him as well. Our current league position and the money we might be prepared to offer him/his club may be against us when it comes to signing prospects like this.  

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

If Remi could somehow upgrade Hutton, Bacuna, Sanchez, Gestede and Sinclair and sell Gabby and Nzog - we would have a shot. I have a weird feeling that Randy will buy whoever Garde wants.

Edit - Oh and Guzan.

I don't think we'll get a lb, Bacuna is doing ok and haven't we recalled Sissokho and Bennett, other than that I agree with the above, maybe if I'm being greedy also a right winger

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Horrendous dive early on aside, he's playing well today. I like him.

He's playing right wing though so hard to make a proper judgement.

He could become a very good attacking rightback but still solid defensively.

As much as I'd like to see a RB come in, I just can't see it. 

Our 2 returning left backs allow Bacuna to return to the right. 

On 11/17/2015 at 21:08, Villan4Life said:

A good young left back that has caught attention this season is Rico Henry of Walsall. He is 18 and is already one of Walsall's best players and has assisted a fair few of Tom Bradshaw's goals this season.

Bradshaw is a talent as well!! 

Wouldn't mind us looking at these two as there is some talent in those divisions..

http://backofthenetfootball.com/2015/11/08/who-is-rico-henry/

AVFC News have a link on Sunday Media Watch with Rico Henry now:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5234727,00.html

Sunday Mirror: Walsall's England U19 left-back Rico Henry, 18, is on the radar of three top-flight clubs. Aston Villa, Watford and Liverpool are all keeping tabs. *The extracts on this page are taken from various newspapers and media outlets. They do not necessarily reflect the views of Aston Villa.

Ray Wilkins said Sherwood wanted to sign him after the Walsall friendly in July.

Seen him a number of times this season, he is very good and will play in the premier league. Rest is up to him. Pacy, good on the ball, one of those do you play him at left back or LM types.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ray Wilkins said Sherwood wanted to sign him after the Walsall friendly in July.

Seen him a number of times this season, he is very good and will play in the premier league. Rest is up to him. Pacy, good on the ball, one of those do you play him at left back or LM types.

totally agree Chris.. I rate the kid highly and he would make it in the Premiership.

Would be a very good signing if it happened.

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

totally agree Chris.. I rate the kid highly and he would make it in the Premiership.

Would be a very good signing if it happened.

Only problem is we are no longer a top flight club. We're unlikely to attract this calibre of player.

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

Only problem is we are no longer a top flight club. We're unlikely to attract this calibre of player.

Last time i checked we still are!! Why throw in the towel now? We have January to bring in some players to help us stay in Premiership. Henry is a Birmingham born lad and would no doubt be interested if we was to bid for him.

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Just some rumours taken from twitter Arsenal fan reckons Debuchy isn't going to be including in the Arsenal squad vs Bournemouth as in talks with Villa for 6month loan. 

https://twitter.com/MesutRamsey10/status/681215890554261505

I'm not saying it won't happen, as I don't know enough about Arsenals squad to know where Debuchy fits into it. 

What I do know however, is that for the next 4 weeks the rags will be linking us to every Arsenal player currently not in their first 11. 

Debuchy would certainly be an upgrade on Hutton. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I'm not saying it won't happen, as I don't know enough about Arsenals squad to know where Debuchy fits into it. 

What I do know however, is that for the next 4 weeks the rags will be linking us to every Arsenal player currently not in their first 11. 

Debuchy would certainly be an upgrade on Hutton. 

Dubuchy has turned down a loan move to West Brom in last 24hours :)

Bellerin plays a lot now over him in the right back position

Needs games to make Euro 16 French squad,

Edited by Villan4Life