Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I think its the French thing, we will be linked to 100 French players in the window and think people getting Debuchy to us 2 + 2 = 100 

be a good signing though think we have more serious issues than full back

Just now, Zatman said:

I think its the French thing, we will be linked to 100 French players in the window and think people getting Debuchy to us 2 + 2 = 100 

be a good signing though think we have more serious issues than full back

Yep. And French + Arsenal link = 126 ;)

With rumours Al Ahli want Agbonlahor.. Maybe tempt them into a straight swap? Agbonlahor for Moussa Sow (they signed him for $16mil in summer and has only played 1 game) The guy has banged in plenty in his career so it's strange they are not playing him.

Very good striker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moussa_Sow

Edited by Villan4Life

Arsenal links could have legs what with Wenger's love for his padawan, Garde, and the other club links. On top of that I expect Remi to have a bit of suave with French players. More than any Sherwood facial could achieve.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Arsenal links could have legs what with Wenger's love for his padawan, Garde, and the other club links. On top of that I expect Remi to have a bit of suave with French players. More than any Sherwood facial could achieve.

Tim said that all the facials came from Almstadt and Reilly.

because the guy gets likely chosen over bellerin when 100% fit? The guys been injured for ages and is better cover than chambers (if bellerin Has taken over him, pretty close). More chance of chambers than debuchy ( we won't be getting him either)

Also there's  close to 0 incentives for arsenal to send him out on loan.

Edited by gharperr

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bellerin has taken over from him as 1st choice since last season. Debuchy hasnt been injured all season and has played 2 games

Ahh OK. Haven't really checked up on him this season and in last season mindset with him I guess. Good to know. Just assumed he was still injured/niggles. Pretty weird decline. Swear I never see him on the bench :S

Edited by gharperr

57 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

May i remind you that world class players have found it hard to adapt to english football. It took denis bergkamp over a year to settle and hes not an ordinary player.

Thats one of the biggest issues i have with the club and a number of fans - if players arent instantly brilliant they must be shit. :sigh:

just look up start of Benteke thread if need a laugh or even Ayew one :P

It wouldn't surprise me if we managed to get some good players this window - players who aren't playing regularly and need to before the euros. 

Whether it it be a loan, or a permanent with a release clause, we can offer regular playing time and no long term risk! 

Debauchy and remy on loans would be a great start - we'd have to send illori back though!

Don't think it works like that nnock1984 - we can have two domestic loans, one is taken by Illori already and will be taken even if we cancel the loan and send Illori back to Liverpool.

Therefore we have one domestic loan and one international loan remaining.

We need a striker more than a RB IMO, so would go all out for Remy - but that is highly doubtful IMO.

Debuchy would be an improvement on Hutton and Bacuna and may be more realistic.

Garde maybe considering strengthening our defence first (with a new look back line of Cissokho, Lescott, Richards, Debuchy which on paper looks strong) to cut out those gifted goals and hoping we have enough to nick a goal.

Hungarian press are also reporting we are in for Adam Szalai (Hungarian striker, 28yrs 6' 4!), whose career has stalled at TSG Hoffenheim (I recall he was quite prolific at Mainz before the move to TSG).

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

you could probably put together a very good team of Premier League signings that cost a total of about 30 million that were all gettable at the time

Arnautovic, Schmeichel, Mahrez, Vardy, Bojan, Dann

It's as if we didn't sign Benteke for around 5M. 49 goals in 100 games, and sold for 32.5M (and only because of a release clause, could have been higher).

• Like 1