Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I just cannot see Remy coming here.

With QPR they had a chance of survival, he was putting himself in the shop window and earning a massive pay rise.

We can't offer him anything.

The obvious thing is game time, which should lead to goals, then a place at the Euros.  Whether Garde can convince him and Chelsea would let him go I'm not so sure, but I hope so.

Euros is a good card for us to play. A lot of players currently not getting game time might be enticed to come here if it means they can be put back in contention for a national place. Remy is one of them. On top of that, we just have to do our best negotiating and offer some financial incentives providing Lerner wants us to stay up enough.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Would France pick Remy over Benzema, Martial, Griiezmann and Giroud based on scoring goals for a shit Villa team?

He won't get noticed here. Let's stop being naive ;)

Don't think Benzema will get picked for the euros now, too much trouble there. I did agree with you he is a bit down the pecking order but for the England game they had Gignac who is playing in the mexican league now and also Ben Arfa so there's still hope if he plays every week and scores some goals.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Would France pick Remy over Benzema, Martial, Griiezmann and Giroud based on scoring goals for a shit Villa team?

He won't get noticed here. Let's stop being naive ;)

More likely to get picked playing for Villa than sitting in the stands at Chelsea.

Would be a very good loan signing for us given our current plight.

By the way Benzema is unlikely to ever play for France again.

Garde has previous with Remy so that might help, and he could get goals for us which would help with the Euro's. Just think how many chances we fluffed against West Ham that he could have put away.

44 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Euros is a good card for us to play. A lot of players currently not getting game time might be enticed to come here if it means they can be put back in contention for a national place. Remy is one of them. On top of that, we just have to do our best negotiating and offer some financial incentives providing Lerner wants us to stay up enough.

Yeah right!

Griezmann, Giroud, Lacazette, Benzema, Martial, Fekir, Coman etc. Do you really think Loic Remy is going to get a call-up? And secondly, do you think a few good games for AVFC in a relegation battle will do him any good? Ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Yeah right!

Griezmann, Giroud, Lacazette, Benzema, Martial, Fekir, Coman etc. Do you really think Loic Remy is going to get a call-up? And secondly, do you think a few good games for AVFC in a relegation battle will do him any good? Ridiculous.

Sorry, I don't believe I said he would get a call up.

What I said is he can be enticed and motivated to get playing time somewhere with a view for the Euro's. I don't believe for one second that Remy will get a starting position in the French national team. But if you're a 28 year-old striker whose current club is the reigning Premier League champions and you played during the last major tournament for your country, you will back yourself to have a chance to get into the squad if you get game time on loan elsewhere.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about his chances of making the French squad, he'll want to and will back himself to be in with a chance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Yeah right!

Nabil Fekir did his ACL at Lyon didn't he so he won't make the euros either, Benzema is currently suspended, don't know when that court case will be concluded.

This is what Deschamps called up for England and Germany games:

7 FW Antoine Griezmann 21 March 1991 (age 24) 24 6 Spain Atlético Madrid
8 FW Hatem Ben Arfa 7 March 1987 (age 28) 15 2 France Nice
9 FW Olivier Giroud 30 September 1986 (age 29) 45 13 England Arsenal
10 FW André-Pierre Gignac 5 December 1985 (age 30) 23 6 Mexico UANL
11 FW Anthony Martial 5 December 1995 (age 20) 6 0 England Manchester United
20 FW Kingsley Coman 13 June 1996 (age 19) 2 0 Germany Bayern Munich

Gignac ffs. It does seem Remy is out of the picture though, not sure when he was last called up by France but he is experienced and played in a few tournaments for them.