The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

42 minutes ago, darrenm said:

It turns out one of my friends is the hugest Tory I've ever seen. We're friends on Facebook so comment on the same stuff from mutual friends.

On the topic of the Labour £80k tax bracket he declares that he would remove tax completely above a certain rate to encourage everyone to make something of themselves. And that poor people only have themselves to blame for not working hard enough.

Then with fox hunting he says good on May this will appeal to lots of farmers. Then says he's been on fox hunts and they're essential for the countryside.

I knew people like this existed but I didn't expect quite so close.

I think you need to stop classing him as a friend mate. I'd struggle to spend five minutes in a room with someone I knew had views like that.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

I have to say I laugh at the Americans for still debating the merits of guns, universal healthcare and abortion in the 21st century, but then I see fox hunting being brought up again over here and feel a little less superior.  What a shit show this election is.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think you need to stop classing him as a fiend mate. I'd struggle to spend five minutes in a room with someone I knew had views like that.

I'd definitely class him as a fiend.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I'd definitely class him as a fiend.

ha ha just realised my error mate. Cheers for pointing it out :-) I thought at first you'd said you'd definitely class him as a friend so I had you down as a fox hunter.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

It turns out one of my friends is the hugest Tory I've ever seen. We're friends on Facebook so comment on the same stuff from mutual friends.

On the topic of the Labour £80k tax bracket he declares that he would remove tax completely above a certain rate to encourage everyone to make something of themselves. And that poor people only have themselves to blame for not working hard enough.

Then with fox hunting he says good on May this will appeal to lots of farmers. Then says he's been on fox hunts and they're essential for the countryside.

I knew people like this existed but I didn't expect quite so close.

I was in Bromsgrove yesterday, as well.  We're coming for your commie ass! ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Risso said:

I was in Bromsgrove yesterday, as well.  We're coming for your commie ass! ;)

You'd fit right in round here!

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Thinking about it, I'm actually on board with the fox hunting, if one of the foxes getting culled, is Liam Fox.

Oh yes, me too.

• Like 1

'New procedures already in place to ensure this innocent human error doesn't happen again.'

I'm claiming the 'new procedures in place' box on the bullshit bingo response card for the sound bites through the day.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

No charges for election fraud.

Shocker.

Indeed.

Not surprising to see this kind of thing (beeb link) immediately from the Tory party chairman, either:

We are pleased that the legal authorities have confirmed what we believed was the case all along: that these Conservative candidates did nothing wrong. These were politically motivated and unfounded complaints that have wasted police time. We are glad that this matter is finally resolved. A number of false and malicious claims continue to be spread on the internet. People should be aware that making false claims about a candidate’s personal character and conduct is an electoral offence, as well as being defamatory.

So Mr McLoughlin in his statement has claimed that these were politically motivated and unfounded complaints that have wasted police time and that the candidates did 'nothing wrong' rather than investigations where the CPS has decided that:

We reviewed the files in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors and have concluded the tests in the Code are not met and no criminal charges have been authorised.

"Under the Representation of the People Act, every candidate and agent must sign a declaration on the expenses return that to the best of their knowledge and belief it is a complete and correct return as required by law. It is an offence to knowingly make a false declaration. In order to bring a charge, it must be proved that a suspect knew the return was inaccurate and acted dishonestly in signing the declaration. Although there is evidence to suggest the returns may have been inaccurate, there is insufficient evidence to prove to the criminal standard that any candidate or agent was dishonest.

"The Act also makes it a technical offence for an election agent to fail to deliver a true return. By omitting any 'Battle Bus' costs, the returns may have been inaccurate. However, it is clear agents were told by Conservative Party headquarters that the costs were part of the national campaign and it would not be possible to prove any agent acted knowingly or dishonestly. Therefore we have concluded it is not in the public interest to charge anyone referred to us with this offence.

Whilst also reminding us in the notes to editors on that same link:

It is not the function of the CPS to decide whether a person is guilty of a criminal offence, but to make fair, independent and objective assessments about whether it is appropriate to present charges for the criminal court to consider.

The CPS assessment of any case is not in any sense a finding of, or implication of, any guilt or criminal conduct. It is not a finding of fact, which can only be made by a court, but rather an assessment of what it might be possible to prove to a court, in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors.

After making his claim, McLoughlin goes on to remind people about the potential legal dangers of making false claims.

You couldn't make it up.

Edited by snowychap

Â