The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Tories aim to block full EU ban on bee-harming pesticides

'Conservative politicians are trying to stop a complete EU ban on bee-harming pesticides, despite the new environment secretary Michael Gove’s statement earlier this week, in which he said “I absolutely don’t want to water down” EU environmental protections.

Neonicotinoids are the world’s most widely used insecticides but have been banned on flowering crops in the EU since 2013. However, the European Food Safety Authority (Efsa) found in 2016 that use of the pesticides on all crops poses a high risk to bees. As a result, the European commission has proposed a ban on all uses outside greenhouses, first revealed by the Guardian in March.

On Thursday, an attempt by the Conservative MEP Julie Girling to block the full ban will be voted on by the European parliament’s environment committee. Most of the UK’s environmental protections derive from the EU and since the Brexit result many green groups have been concerned that these could be weakened after Britain leaves the EU.'

more on link: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/22/tories-aim-block-full-eu-ban-bee-harming-pesticides

18 minutes ago, peterms said:

I gather there are some people in the tory party who think this man should lead our country.

He can barely comprehend his own party's proposed legislative programme.

I wonder if he ties his own shoelaces?

It has to be one of the reasons why they don’t seem too eager to do away with May at the moment as there is no obvious successor.

Johnson is a joke, Rudd can barely hold onto her own seat then you are looking at the likes of Ledsom and Hammond. Having been reintroduced into the fold Gove may be a good shout. What a shambles.

On a positive note in relation to the Tories I saw Heidi Allen on newsnight last night and not only did she speak a lot of sense she was also very pleasant on the eye. Total opposite of May if you like.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Gove may be a good shout.

I dunno, but surely the MPs view him in the same way the public do, as a treacherous lying effwit, with appalling judgement and also a hard Brexiteer -  or at least realise that's how the population views him, and so he'd be a diabolical choice to be Leader.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I dunno, but surely the MPs view him in the same way the public do, as a treacherous lying effwit, with appalling judgement and also a hard Brexiteer -  or at least realise that's how the population views him, and so he'd be a diabolical choice to be Leader.

I agree he'd be a diabolical choice but all they have are diabolical choices.

Edited by markavfc40

34 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree he'd be a diabolical choice but all they have are diabolical choices.

and a core vote that is literally dying, some even dying as a result of their policies

• Like 3

Just watched channel 4 news and Tories may have again used underhand and illegal tactics it seems when campaigning.

Revealed: Inside the secretive Tory election call centre

The Conservative Party contracted a secretive call centre during the election campaign which may have broken data protection and election laws, a Channel 4 News investigation has found.

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-inside-the-secretive-tory-election-call-centre

9 hours ago, blandy said:

Is there a poll or what not to suggest that is how the public view him ? I only ask as he did the Brexit TV debate and the general consensus (I thought) was that he came across quite well and the audience "liked " him .... his appearances in QT also tend to get a decent reception even allowing for the fact the BBC have packed the audience with screeching lefties :P

Gove , I think would be the man to win the debates but not necessarily the election though (he is another control freak by all accounts ? )

19 minutes ago, peterms said:

Is it suggesting previous searches you've done?

Surely it would have suggested Michael Gove with his head in a noose if it were 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Just watched channel 4 news and Tories may have again used underhand and illegal tactics it seems when campaigning.

Electoral fraud again. **** Tories

57 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Electoral fraud again. **** Tories

Cough

Labour was hit with the maximum £20,000 fine after the Electoral Commission found a total of 107 invoices were missing from the party’s general election expenses return.

or is it only election fraud if Tories mismanage funds ? 

Edited by tonyh29

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Cough

Labour was hit with the maximum £20,000 fine after the Electoral Commission found a total of 107 invoices were missing from the party’s general election expenses return.

or is it only election fraud if Tories mismanage funds ? 

Obviously not. Twice now though? Before the CPS even said who they were going to prosecute they were up to it again.

10 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Obviously not. Twice now though? Before the CPS even said who they were going to prosecute they were up to it again.

Kerry McCarthy in 2010

2-2 .... or shall we give it as 3-2 to labour for Fiona Jones

i think you should have stopped your sentence after "electoral fraud again" to be honest , it probably reflects the system more accurately rather than suggesting only one party is at it 

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Kerry McCarthy in 2010

2-2 .... or shall we give it as 3-2 to labour for Fiona Jones

i think you should have stopped your sentence after "electoral fraud again" to be honest , it probably reflects the system more accurately rather than suggesting only one party is at it 

Depends how far back we're going and how much we're scraping the barrel.

Â