The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Presumably candidates up and down the country will, accidentally, have busloads of campaign help, accidentally, turn up to assist their campaign from here on.

Edited by Chindie

Stinks worse than the shit house door in a kipper trawler. 

Speaking of which the one file still under consideration is South Thanet. Maybe a sacrificial lamb or more serious evidence of malfeasance in their attempt to block Farage. I suspect the latter tbh, but it won't see daylight until after the GE.

Edited by Awol

15 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

What do people think of Anna Soubry ?

Possibly the only woman I could punch without feeling guilty. 

Edit: apart from Diane Abbott, but she's a racist so that helps. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

Karl McCartney (Tory candidate for Lincoln originally elected as MP for them in 2010):

After the Majority Conservative Government was elected in 2015, both the Executive Team and the Senior Management Group of the taxpayer-funded Electoral Commission, such as their anti-Conservative Head of Regulatory Compliance, Louise Edwards, decided to engage in smearing the reputations of various Conservative politicians and their Agents.

“This whole saga amounts to no more than a politically-motivated witch-hunt.

“It is clear that those who lead the Electoral Commission who followed and allowed this action to take place are politically-motivated and biased - actions that have rendered this organisation wholly unfit-for-purpose.

“In these circumstances, the positions of the Executive Team and Senior Management Group - from the Chief Executive down to her side-kick, Louise Edwards, who has spearheaded many, if not all, of these one-sided enquiries - are now untenable and I believe that they should resign forthwith.

If the leaders of the Electoral Commission do not take this most honourable course of action, as public servants paid for by the taxpayer, I, and no doubt my colleagues who have been victims of the Electoral Commission’s witch-hunt, will take every opportunity after the General Election to persuade the newly-elected Government to abolish this incompetent organisation and ensure that those who comprise the Electoral Commission’s Executive Team and Senior Management Group are never to play a role in our Country’s public life again.”

What a tit.

Edited by snowychap

Amber Rudd has a message for you:

'Rudd said that all but six of the NHS trust IT systems that had been hit in the attack were able to function again and dismissed claims that the government was not taking cybersecurity seriously enough.

“This government has long recognised the growing threat of cyber-attack from those who wish to do us harm and has invested significantly to bolster our cyber-defences,” she said.'

(https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/13/cyber-attack-on-nhs-sparks-bitter-election-battle)

To which, you may be interested to remember back a couple of years, to 2015:

UK government has ended Windows XP support payments

'THE UK GOVERNMENT has confirmed that it will not extend its Windows XP support agreement with Microsoft for a second year.

Windows XP reached end-of-life status in April 2014, but the government made a payment of £5.5m to Microsoft to provide bespoke support for the large number of government systems and machines that had not been updated in time.

It had been widely expected that a second, much larger, payment would become due this year after it transpired that many departments had done little or nothing to migrate away from the unsupported operating system.

We reported in October on claims that large swathes of the NHS would miss the April deadline.

However, a blog post from the government's technology team has confirmed that such an arrangement has not been made.

"The Technology Leaders met last month and took a collective decision to not extend the support arrangement for 2015. The current support agreement ended in April 2015," said the post.

"There has been good progress in moving away from Windows XP across departments and government organisations, and with many public bodies this transition is complete."

This is great news for the put-upon public purse, or at least the Cabinet port and caviar fund, but alarm bells are ringing because the claim that "many" public organisations are sorted suggests that some still aren't.'

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2409975/uk-government-has-ended-windows-xp-support-payments

Without wishing to be a pedant on the NHS XP thing. I think devolved sections of the NHS did upgrade at the appropriate time and haven't been impacted? This is being sold as a 'UK NHS' issue. I think it's an 'English NHS' issue but the media and Westminster are either ignorant of this or it doesn't suit them to show it's a lack of investment in England. 

As ever, it's what you choose to spend your money on.

Incidentally, scrapping Uni fees too. Uni fees for students here to pay back are less than half the £9,000 p.a. we are constantly quoted by the media. My nipper is on a 4 year course and will leave with a total bill of £12k.

Unfortunately, the level of public interest and knowledge here is about the same as in england, and if a paper or radio, or a TV news report says 'british NHS' or 'uni fees are x' then that's the new truth.

Ignorance, winning in a town near you.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Without wishing to be a pedant on the NHS XP thing. I think devolved sections of the NHS did upgrade at the appropriate time and haven't been impacted? This is being sold as a 'UK NHS' issue. I think it's an 'English NHS' issue but the media and Westminster are either ignorant of this or it doesn't suit them to show it's a lack of investment in England. 

As ever, it's what you choose to spend your money on.

Incidentally, scrapping Uni fees too. Uni fees for students here to pay back are less than half the £9,000 p.a. we are constantly quoted by the media. My nipper is on a 4 year course and will leave with a total bill of £12k.

Unfortunately, the level of public interest and knowledge here is about the same as in england, and if a paper or radio, or a TV news report says 'british NHS' or 'uni fees are x' then that's the new truth.

Ignorance, winning in a town near you.

Didn't it hit the devolved Scottish NHS too?  Not to mention lots of companies and groups around the world, like FedEx and Renault.

Â