The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

:crylaugh:

Yeah let me stop you right there :)

Stop trolling mate, you know it is Labour = good and Tory = evil.

When will you learn eh :P

Someone let Gove* onto a computer in the Houses of Parliament and now all their computers are ****.

*It's a shit joke Tories, I'm sure Corbyn or Abott might have opened a dodgy email, leave off googling every instance of Labour messing up online.

• Like 1

Tories vote down Labour's amended ending the 1% pay cap for public sector workers.

And cheers about it.

Gross. You can't complement police and fire services in the midst of a disaster, while screwing them over pay-wise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Tories vote down Labour's amended ending the 1% pay cap for public sector workers.

And cheers about it.

Gross. You can't complement police and fire services in the midst of a disaster, while screwing them over pay-wise.

The Tories take every opportunity to praise public sector workers when there is an emergency but won't stop what is in effect a real terms pay cut of 14% over the last seven years. Their actions show that they don't value our nurses, firefighters, police etc despite their recent gushing praise.

Edited by markavfc40

..and conversely, Corbyn's Labour have just tried to get nurses a pay rise, the tories voted it down and then cheered themselves

doh!!!

2392668400000578-2853011-Sense_of_humour

In her defence, you can't give the DUP a billion pound cash bung AND reward the fire fighters and police that still have jobs. 

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

I think it's quite a clever tactic tbh, Tories were never going to vote for it and they are so stupid they even cheered.

Exactly what we mean when we say they are stupid and they don't learn. Prime example of it

Now if they do lift the cap later (as is rumoured), Labour still get the creidit and everyone remembers the Tories cheered 

Behaviour like this will not reverse and trends in the polls

• Like 3

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

People do know there is still a rather large deficit, right? :ph34r:

I see the Queen just got an 8% rise.

In 2015 an MP's salary was £67,000 in 2017 it's now £76,000.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Unless you live in Northern Ireland obviously. Or even if you're the Queen or an MP or just rich anyway

its a cheap line but one that will get thrown at them every single time they behave like this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Indeed, and the Conservatives have unfortunately had 7 years to prove that austerity will not deal with the fallout of the international banking crisis.

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I see the Queen just got an 8% rise.

In 2015 an MP's salary was £67,000 in 2017 it's now £76,000.

To be fair between 2010-15 MP's salaries went up a total of less than 1% in five years and it was an independent decision to increase MP's pay, not the government.  I'm just saying that the deficit never seems to come into any consideration for some people.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair between 2010-15 MP's salaries went up a total of less than 1% in five years and it was an independent decision to increase MP's pay, not the government.  I'm just saying that the deficit never seems to come into any consideration for some people.

April 2010 they were on 61k so I think they've had over 22% pay increase since 2010. 

Let's make the nurses pay review body independent too.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Tories are scum, who would have thought. 

A few of them have been making noises on Twitter recently like they have a soul. Turns out they're all the same. Heidi Allen and Anna Soubry seemed like they were wavering. But then when all's said and done they've just proven they're the same inhuman scum as the rest. I can't wait to see them dumped out of their seats 

For the Tories and the deficit it's a case of good news and bad news.

The good news is they've reduced the deficit from £103bn to £20bn

The bad news is they've increased the national debt from £800bn to £1.8tn

Fiscally responsible my arse

Â