The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was the 2009 memorial when the whole of the Kop stood up and chanted "Justice for the 96" at him very loudly for five minutes. After that he went away and got the inquiry probably moving and the judgements came out in I think September 2012 and then you had the civil cases in the court after.

I can't remember if it was standard for the secretary of sport and media to turn up at the memorial but at least he went away and did something properly about it and eventually the families got some answers.

Would've had him as Labour leader after Miliband tbh.

Would kinda make it hard to accuse the Tories of privatising the NHS with him as leader through :P

Be interesting if he wins his Mayor bid in Manchester , seems that might not be cut and dried at the moment 

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Seriously?

No. It was tongue in cheek given he is regularly accused of not having a high enough profile or engaging with the press the way people think he should.

I await accusations I'm helping the Tories again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

No. It was tongue in cheek given he is regularly accused of not having a high enough profile or engaging with the press the way people think he should.

I await accusations I'm helping the Tories again...

Sorry :) You have to watch out for these closet Tories ;) 

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The brexit leaks with May and Juncker seem worrying if true 

They're true. And yes, it is worrying. If they weren't true, the content of them would have been flat out denied. Instead the response was "it's gossip" and "Junkers said the talks were constructive". People always tell the TV cameras talks were "constructive".

2 hours ago, blandy said:

They're true. And yes, it is worrying. If they weren't true, the content of them would have been flat out denied. Instead the response was "it's gossip" and "Junkers said the talks were constructive". People always tell the TV cameras talks were "constructive".

unless they were talking to Diane Abbot :)

tbh I think leaks  just kinda shows the 52% they were right and strengthens the resolve for hard Brexit type noises even more ... it seems May said "No" to any Brexit divorce bill up front and Junker went running to Merkel  , says it all really .... May , may not be good at the pop idol politics , but the leak in all honesty has probably done her a favour ,for every remainer that thinks she is deluded who wouldn't have voted for her anyway  , there will be a lot more people that will like her stance  ....

the meeting also says May was trying to secure the rights of EU citizens and the EU said NON  ... wasn't that another stick people were beating May with previously ?

on a trivial note , surprised there wasn't  more comments about Junker insulting the British over the food , imagine the outrage had Boris Johnson made such a comment.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This was my major concern of voting out not being to trust any UK party government to get the UK a good deal and make us better than we were.

Definitely fearing the worst

We are leaving , we are already better than we were :D

But , would you have preferred it if Juncker said , you owe us £60 bn and May , said Ok , cash or cheque ?

It's a game of Poker right about now , remainers  will say the EU has all the cards  ... but maybe we've got Del Boy in charge of the pack and somewhere there are 4 aces  :)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think [the] leak just kinda shows the 52% they were right and strengthens the resolve for hard Brexit type noises even more ... it seems May said "No" to any Brexit divorce bill up front and Junker went running to Merkel  , says it all really .... May , may not be good at the pop idol politics , but the leak in all honesty has probably done her a favour ,for every remainer that thinks she is deluded who wouldn't have voted for her anyway  , there will be a lot more people that will like her stance  ....

the meeting also says May was trying to secure the rights of EU citizens and the EU said NON  ... wasn't that another stick people were beating May with previously ?

That's an "unusual" analysis, to say the least. I suppose you might be right that it might appeal to the racists and the extremists, but anyone else, not so much, I'd wager.

On the citizens part, there's a tiny bit in what you say, I think. The EU does seem to be saying "sort out the financial principles first, then move on to other matters" which postpones certainty for people unfortunate enough to be worrying about their future rights and circumstances. However did you see what May was actually saying/offering about the rights of citizens? because it wasn't that she wanted to give them full rights to remain and wanted to sort it straight away - It was that she proposed they would get exactly the same rights as any other foreigners get in the UK. Which either means she's trying to use them as bargaining chips, or alternatively that she's genuinely decided "d'you know what, just **** 'em".  - Either way monumentally damning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blandy said:

That's an "unusual" analysis, to say the least. I suppose you might be right that it might appeal to the racists and the extremists, but anyone else, not so much, I'd wager.

On the citizens part, there's a tiny bit in what you say, I think. The EU does seem to be saying "sort out the financial principles first, then move on to other matters" which postpones certainty for people unfortunate enough to be worrying about their future rights and circumstances. However did you see what May was actually saying/offering about the rights of citizens? because it wasn't that she wanted to give them full rights to remain and wanted to sort it straight away - It was that she proposed they would get exactly the same rights as any other foreigners get in the UK. Which either means she's trying to use them as bargaining chips, or alternatively that she's genuinely decided "d'you know what, just **** 'em".  - Either way monumentally damning.

If the EU gave a monkey's f*** about its citizens in the U.K. they would silo the issue away from all other discussions and sort it out as the overriding priority - y'know, like the U.K. Gov proposed to do before we'd even triggered A50. 

Instead it's all 'money money give us your money'. The EU in a nutshell.

As for their citizens getting the same rights as everyone else in the UK I don't see the problem? Should they have more rights than anyone else because they are European? Sounds a bit, well, racist. Don't you think? 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That's yet to be seen big tone! =)

No mate we really are leaving, although if you listen to talking heads on TV you could be forgiven for thinking that was still in doubt.

Probably the only thing that could reverse it now would be a major war in Europe or involving European countries elsewhere. 

#PrayForKim

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

As for their citizens getting the same rights as everyone else in the UK I don't see the problem? Should they have more rights than anyone else because they are European? Sounds a bit, well, racist. Don't you think? 

Those from the EU already in the country entered the country with certain rights and they should be allowed to maintain those rights post Brexit. That should be fair enough surely.

• Like 2

Â