The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

No mate we really are leaving, although if you listen to talking heads on TV you could be forgiven for thinking that was still in doubt.

He's saying that it's yet to be seen if things are better. Which they quite clearly aren't and quite clearly won't be.

Not that it's yet to be seen if we are leaving. Which we quite clearly are.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

Her, hiding, tactics and misinformation campaign is shameless.

http://www.cornwalllive.com/prime-minister-theresa-may-visits-cornwall-ahead-of-general-election/story-30306323-detail/story.html

11:11  No one allowed to see PM arrive

We've been told by the PM's press team that we were not allowed to stand outside to see Theresa May arrive.

11:16  PM is here - but we've been shown the door

The prime minister is behind this door - but we can't show you. Her press team has said print journalists are not allowed to see her visiting the company.

11:23  PM visit kept closely controlled

Having covered several high-profile politicians' and royal visits over the years, the level of media control here is far and above anything I've seen before. We're not even allowed to show you her visiting the building.

11:45  Three minutes of the PM's time

We've been allowed to ask our questions to the prime minister (although we are forbidden to film or photograph her answering them). 

We were given at most three minutes and were refused to be allowed to ask why we were not allowed to film her.

Our reporter Lyn was then ushered out of the room.

Prime Minister Theresa May reiterated her themes of strong leadership in answers to the two questions alloted to Cornwall Live.

In answer to questions about a funding crisis in Cornwall's health,social care and education sector, she said it was important to look at the broader picture.

Referring to Brexit, she said "we stand at a crucuial moment" and that we must "get the right deal in Britain."

Mrs May added: "That is about strong and stable leadership."

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

People are definitely waking up to the Tory buffoonery but unfortunately I don't think there's enough time.

They aren't. Or if they are, they come to the conclusion its better than everything else.

The stuff over the weekend, which should raise questions about this government and the wider Tory party, will instead raise the old defences and old positions, about nasty Europeans not bending the knee, how dare they etc etc. Same goes for the questions about her ability to handle this election campaign and the way she's tried to control it. But instead it'll just be a rerun of PMQs every week - ah but Labour.

She could kick a tramp, shot a dog and spit on a child in one walkabout and she'd still be Teflon.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Those from the EU already in the country entered the country with certain rights and they should be allowed to maintain those rights post Brexit. That should be fair enough surely.

...and I think I can have a good guess what the reaction would have been had it been Juncker saying that UK Citizens should lose the rights they currently hold by living in an EU member country.

I imagine Awol would be backing him to the hilt and saying that any other scenario would be racist.

Even Gideon has had a chip at the Tories in his first editorial. He talks of slogans being a fine campaigning tool, but only if they have substance behind them. He also notes the opposition as so weak the Tories have gotten away without that substance, but it'll bite eventually.

37 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Those from the EU already in the country entered the country with certain rights and they should be allowed to maintain those rights post Brexit. That should be fair enough surely.

I'm not up to speed with specifics but if for example you're talking about right of appeal to the ECJ about a UK court decision then no that's not okay, anymore than a Frenchman living in the US could appeal a decision by American judges to the ECJ. 

They've been clear the U.K. will be treated as just another third country post Brexit, so why would the EU legal system hold sway within it? 

20 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

...and I think I can have a good guess what the reaction would have been had it been Juncker saying that UK Citizens should lose the rights they currently hold by living in an EU member country.

I imagine Awol would be backing him to the hilt and saying that any other scenario would be racist.

You could just ask instead of imagining my reply... but why  would Britons resident on the continent be treated differently to any other non EU residents? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

who said any sentient beings do?

As opposed to those cerebral titans who vote for Jeremy Corbyn? People will hold their noses and elect May not because they like her, but because the alternative is an order of magnitude worse - imo.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

No mate we really are leaving, although if you listen to talking heads on TV you could be forgiven for thinking that was still in doubt.

Probably the only thing that could reverse it now would be a major war in Europe or involving European countries elsewhere. 

#PrayForKim

My post was in relation to the second part mate :) 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

As opposed to those cerebral titans who vote for Jeremy Corbyn? People will hold their noses and elect May not because they like her, but because the alternative is an order of magnitude worse - imo.

I don't think it is imo. But then I always vote on policies not personalities. The Sad fact is politics in this country has been reduced to the level of the playground.

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Instead it's all 'money money give us your money'. The EU in a nutshell.

What? More than the current cretins in charge here in the UK?

giphy.gif

Just now, meregreen said:

I don't think it is imo. But then I always vote on policies not personalities. The Sad fact is politics in this country has been reduced to the level of the playground.

and if you look at the last few elections one party in particular has pandered and used playground politics, probably because its the most likely the only way they can get elected, 

18 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

is it that time of the month?

For ad hominem posting on VT? It's always that time of the month! 

9 minutes ago, Xann said:

What? More than the current cretins in charge here in the UK?

giphy.gif

Great gif but seems a bit of a deflection from the actual point.

The EU is prioritizing £'s over people, its own citizens whose rights are supposedly sacrosanct to Brussels. EU rhetoric and reality rapidly diverging...

Edited by Awol

Just now, Awol said:

Great gif but seems a bit of a deflection from the actual point.

The EU is prioritizing £'s over people.

You're going to get that gif again.

Â