The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Yup and they're at fault, they should have brave enough to upgrade to Linux and instead of having to wait for Windows to patch any weaknesses in the code allow the open source community to spot the issues within hours.

16 minutes ago, Risso said:

Didn't it hit the devolved Scottish NHS too?  Not to mention lots of companies and groups around the world, like FedEx and Renault.

Yeah it did. It's not a national NHS thing, it's an NHS trusts thing - some had protected computer networks, others didn't. It's (as with the other things hit) more a case of scrimping and saving/no money/just stupidity/inefficiency/naivity....

I think with the NHS it's so fragmented with all these "Trusts" (often run by highly paid chief execs) that the the consequences have been so shambolic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah it did. It's not a national NHS thing, it's an NHS trusts thing - some had protected computer networks, others didn't. It's (as with the other things hit) more a case of scrimping and saving/no money/just stupidity/inefficiency/naivity....

I think with the NHS it's so fragmented with all these "Trusts" (often run by highly paid chief execs) that the the consequences have been so shambolic.

Absolutely a big part of it is because of the fragmentation. It's criminally incompetent not to have a full infosec department with hard policies that all trusts must adhere to, including minimum versions of operating systems, patching strategies, approved software, change control mechanisms. 

There are huge financial and criminal consequences for any company's executives when the company is subject to PCI-DSS rules (when processing financial transactions) and don't follow the policies. Health data should be subject to the same rules. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Conservative candidate Craig Mackinlay charged over election expenses

A Conservative candidate has been charged over his election expenses.

Craig Mackinlay, who is running for South Thanet in the general election on 8 June, has been investigated for alleged overspending in the 2015 General Election campaign.

...more on link

Is someone on hand to interview Patrick McLoughlin? :)

Edited by snowychap

On 6/8/2017 at 22:04, tonyh29 said:

So , who is the new leader going to be ?

Dunno, but even the tory papers are laying into the current version, now. I imagine that once the EU talk thingies start happening and people realise that the UK isn't going to "show johnny foreigner who's the daddy" but is going to get a whooping, the tories will go into a frenzy. Which would be vey, vey, funny if it wasn't such an utter mess for the country.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

Dunno, but even the tory papers are laying into the current version, now. I imagine that once the EU talk thingies start happening and people realise that the UK isn't going to "show johnny foreigner who's the daddy" but is going to get a whooping, the tories will go into a frenzy. Which would be vey, vey, funny if it wasn't such an utter mess for the country.

Sample example of this dynamic is this Mail Online headline today:

'After being booed by Grenfell victims, Theresa May caps another dreadful day with 'inhuman' TV interview and fails to give a single straight answer after being accused of misreading public's anger'

I'm not quoting the article since everything it says is in the headline, but you get the idea. Apparently this article is entitled 'Maybot Malfunction' in the paper edition. 

This newspaper was portraying her as the reincarnated spirit of Boadicea less than six months ago.  

• Like 3

On 08/06/2017 at 22:04, tonyh29 said:

David Davis or Michael Fallon would be my shout. Think they need an experienced leader, to steady the ship, and guide them through Brexit. 

2 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

David Davis or Michael Fallon would be my shout. Think they need an experienced leader, to steady the ship, and guide them through Brexit. 

I think Portilo had it right the other day in that none of the would be leaders have any Charisma .... Gove is good at the old debating thing but the public won't ever take to him , Davis just looks shifty , Hammond aloof , Boris and the buffoon act has been found out , it's hard to pick a PM out of that lot unless there is someone out of left field that comes through like Davidson but that's seems unlikely and also difficult though not impossible

If May survives a while and Davis has a good Brexit that might swing it for him ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

.... Apparently this article is entitled 'Maybot Malfunction' in the paper edition. 

This newspaper was portraying her as the reincarnated spirit of Boadicea less than six months ago. 

The post election Private Eye was an orgy of free digs.

One of the few PE's to make you feel better about the World.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

17 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:
On 08/06/2017 at 22:04, tonyh29 said:

This repeating slogans thing is catching. ;):D

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, snowychap said:

This repeating slogans thing is catching. ;):D

Strong and stable. Strong and stable. Strong and stable. Strog and stble. Strganstabl. Strggnnnphhhmkngggg. 

Â