The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just watching question time. David Davis is probably one if the few politicians I like.

I don't. Typical bigoted Tory.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, darrenm said:

I don't. Typical bigoted Tory.

Calling tories typically bigoted is, um, bigoted.

34 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That's not quite right. He's actually far stupider than the typical bigoted Tory.

I also don't think he's stupid. Not as in proper thick. I just think his views and principles are the product of his cosseted life, really. He was at least one of the ones who took May to court on the Snoopers charter stuff (though dropping out when given a job back in Gov't) - easily bought I suppose.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

Calling tories typically bigoted is, um, bigoted.

I'm glad somebody pointed out that particular elephant, it's been stinking up the room for a while now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

That as well, but he is also actually, properly stupid.

Davis's tweets from last year

CnRQAxDWcAE7FFj.jpg:large

So all the stuff he thought and said in the run up to the referendum, that was from a position of not knowing what the EU was, how it worked or what limitations we were going to see if we were to vote to leave.

"The first calling point of the UK's negotiator immediately after #Brexit will not be Brussels, it will be Berlin, to strike a deal" 

How can someone who people actually pay attention to have that little of an clue about what he is talking about?

I'm sure he'll have been put right about it now, but how on earth is he going to be able to navigate the absurd level of technical detail that is going to be needed in this negotiation, when as recently as twelve months ago he knew less about it than any A-level Politics student?

So, he's not just stupid, he's dangerously stupid.

Oh, I know he lied about Brexit, or being charitable as you are, he didn't know details of what is actually possible. Please don't think I'm praising him as wise or anything. I just don't think he's a low IQ dumbass. I think he lied about something he's long been obsessed with, like many brexiteer politicians.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Oh, I know he lied about Brexit, or being charitable as you are, he didn't know details of what is actually possible. Please don't think I'm praising him as wise or anything. I just don't think he's a low IQ dumbass. I think he lied about something he's long been obsessed with, like many brexiteer politicians.

Those aren't the words of somebody who knows something and also knows that in order to convince others of it he has to lie.

Those are the words of somebody with a fundamental lack of understanding and is letting that lack of understanding shape their ideology.

His IQ is probably perfectly normal, likely higher than most. But that doesn't mean he's not stupid.

Some talk today of the Tories being a bit dodgy on pensions.

The DWP was due to announce new state pension age guidelines, required by law to be announced by today. The government has decided to withhold making that announcement until after the election.

...I wonder why? They've got nice official excuses of course, but methinks telling people they'll be working longer if they want a state pension probably doesn't play well to voters. Especially as they've refused to commit to the triple lock as well.

• Like 4

So the fox hunting lobby, are looking at a potential bigger Tory majority as a chance to bring it back. WTF is wrong with these word removeds? I suppose why be a Tory, if you can't prove it, by chasing a poor, defenseless animal with a pack of dogs?

• Like 1

It's about population control, sir. We simply have to keep the vermin under control. And since they won't let us chase the poor through the countryside the foxes must do.

... What do you mean shoot them? Where's the fun in t... Sorry, think of the unemployment for beagles. They can't smoke for a living anymore and now they can't chase foxes.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Price caps in energy markets are an exceptionally dumb idea economically. 

No, that's only true when Ed Miliband suggests the idea

It turns out one of my friends is the hugest Tory I've ever seen. We're friends on Facebook so comment on the same stuff from mutual friends.

On the topic of the Labour £80k tax bracket he declares that he would remove tax completely above a certain rate to encourage everyone to make something of themselves. And that poor people only have themselves to blame for not working hard enough.

Then with fox hunting he says good on May this will appeal to lots of farmers. Then says he's been on fox hunts and they're essential for the countryside.

I knew people like this existed but I didn't expect quite so close.

Â