Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Our home support is just cancerous. As much as some don't like him, booing Westwood coming onto the pitch is a joke and are we going to boo every single time we don't win a game? 

We've just got a new man in charge, give it a break. 

I didn't hear any booing for Westwood when he came on. There was a little for Richards when his name was announced in the warm up, but nothing in the games to the best of my knowledge.

• Like 1

I heard some booing when Westwood came on and it is madness. Jedinak was done so it was the right move. I know many don't rate him but booing him is certainly not going to enhance his performance.

As for the booing at the end it was from a fair few but lasted seconds.

Supporters in the main aren't happy it is a simple as that and some choose to show that and until we start winning games, or at least deserve to win games, then that will remain the case.

• Like 2

Not sure if this goes here and in the grand scheme of things seems a little petty, but why on earth have we switched dugouts?  Personally, isn't it better for our squad to be nearer our biggest home support (ie the holte)?  Just don't understand the reasoning for change.  Apologies if this has been covered already somewhere else.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Not sure if this goes here and in the grand scheme of things seems a little petty, but why on earth have we switched dugouts?  Personally, isn't it better for our squad to be nearer our biggest home support (ie the holte)?  Just don't understand the reasoning for change.  Apologies if this has been covered already somewhere else.  

Bruce asked for it as he felt the change of dugout had brought about bad luck I understand 

I have to say though of all the awful things which have befallen us the last few months questioning the change of dugout would be the least of questions I have to ask! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Bruce asked for it as he felt the change of dugout had brought about bad luck I understand 

I have to say though of all the awful things which have befallen us the last few months questioning the change of dugout would be the least of questions I have to ask! 

Thanks for clarifying mate, I had no idea and totally agree that it seems the least of our problems.  Give anything a go right now though, even some positive mental attitude lessons from Eileen Drewery! 

35 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Over 30,000 for a televised second division match in which we have won a total of 3 home games this calendar year- I would say our support is tremendous. If we somehow actually started like, winning, games then of course the atmosphere will improve.

I agree. A mate of mine who has been an avid season ticket holder for years didn't renew and hasn't been to a game this season. I keep wondering who on earth keeps turning up week in week out if someone like him has stopped. 

We have been so utterly utterly awfull for so long now the whole support it brow beaten. 

My Wolves mate today was shell shocked when my Villa mate announced we had won 4 in 54 games.  He didn't realize just how terrible we have been. 

Atmosphere wise everyone is brow beaten. We have so little to lift us from the team and as soon as we take a knock everyone expects the worst.... And the low expectations have been borne out again and again and again. 

The players have a duty to give the fans something to hang our hat on but they have given us nothing for years. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I was a little surprised at the "shit on the City" song just after our goal, when we started the game in the relegation zone, 10 points behind them. :blink:

League position counts for nothing. We should always sing that 

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was trying to think when we actually changed it...think Lambert requested it when he came in so we still had the McLeish season...

My mate had a seat in the upper holte k2 area. He was fuming today. Apparently everytime he stood up when we were on the attack ( as you do), some people were telling him to sit down... Seriously, is that how bad we treat people who want  to cheer the team on...

Edited by mikeyp102

The fact that we will still average over 30k a game in this league is superb. Tickets weren't the cheapest either, but also throw in our form and they seem quite expensive considering our win ratio at home. I thought the booing at the end weren't needed, but I suppose it was just frustration at another shambles of a display.

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I didn't hear any booing for Westwood when he came on. There was a little for Richards when his name was announced in the warm up, but nothing in the games to the best of my knowledge.

I'd get those ears checked mate ;) 

Vicious cycle.

that run of 5 games conceding around the 90 has psychologically **** the team and us as fans.

The players are lacking confidence, especially toward the end of games so drop off, we as fans get nervous, angry and get on their backs which makes it harder for them to snap out of it. 

We can all see that squad is strong for this league but that's going to be Bruce's hardest job is getting that mentality right. 

Get 2/3 wins on the bounce and that changes. 

Yesterday for the first time ever i was forced to leave after the Wolves goal because of the foul mouthed incessant negative ranting of a booze fuelled

moron sitting next to me and my wife. Even after our goal he would not stop his vile diatribe aimed at any player who had the ball. Sitting directly in

front of us were four small children apparently attending their first game,God knows what their father was thinking.In the end my wife saw how uptight

Ihad got and asked for us to go. After telling the cretin why we were leaving we did just that. Iinformed a WPC sittig directly behind us but she just

shrugged her shoulders. Today I just feel sad for our great club (i have been going for 50 years) but Iwill not be subjected to that sort of behaviour

for anything

Â