Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Forest was a Sunday lunch time KO on TV  This would have had a big impact on the crowd. Seeing as the crowds gave been roughly the same it shows we have a core base of 25-30k who will attend regardless. Using the price as a reason not to attend doesn't really stack up when you compare other teams price levels in this division. Quoting £35 for Forest doesn't take into account that those are for the best seats. You can easily get cheaper ones in the ground so pricing isn't an issue. We also have the parachute money at the minute but if we don't go up we will soon start to need gate revenue very quickly. 

Is Sunday lunchtime more inconvenient than Tuesday evening?

35 quid is still a lot to fork out when most of our fanbase have only ever known premier league and now we're watching opposition teams with half a bunch of nobodies.

Infairness the Holte has been packed out for all the games this season but what deflates the attendance is how empty the Witton and North stand are.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is Sunday lunchtime more inconvenient than Tuesday evening?

35 quid is still a lot to fork out when most of our fanbase have only ever known premier league and now we're watching opposition teams with half a bunch of nobodies.

Infairness the Holte has been packed out for all the games this season but what deflates the attendance is how empty the Witton and North stand are.

You don't tend to drink or meet up that before kick offs so it's not just the attendance that gets hit its the atmosphere. I buy a season ticket to watch Aston Villa and as I mention £35 is only one price. There are cheaper seats picking the highest to make a point is unfair. 

3 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

What doesn't help is how loud the music is right up to kick off. Now chance of creating an atmosphere like that. 

I've said that a few times this season. Today it really ******* me off. The Holte End was in full voice, only to be drowned out by some God awful music. Whoever is in charge of that hasn't got a clue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

It is a sign of the times that Boro got a bigger crowd than us today. Mind you the last time I checked when they were in the championship they were getting 20,000 crowds. If we start to win a few games I am sure the crowds will come back.

Let's not forget it was another game on sky. Why can't we have an away game on sky and not home?

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In 2016 we have beaten Norwich, palace, Wycombe and Rotherham. That's it. 

The fact anyone turns up to villa park is amazing. 

Exactly our fanbase gets slated alot but that to me is fantastic support 

Agreed,  we have had 5 years of utter rubbish. We have been not only spectacularly unsuccessful but we have also been just plain boring to watch for most of that and the very very very few good things which have happened over the last few years have mainly been away from Villa Park.  I have absolutely no idea why I keep going week after week. 

The booing was totally justified after the utter shite served up in the first half and based on where we are currently sitting in the table. It's utterly amazing that fans respond well to good performances and passion on the pitch (like we saw for 20 odd minutes in the second half), who on earth would have thought that?

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Thought the "sent you down my lord" was really small time

It was in response to the jawdees singing something along the lines of 'your not very good'. As both chants were factual, I've little problem with either of them.

I thought our support was pretty good yesterday. Understandably annoyed by half time but got behind the lads well in the second half. It got quite loud in the Upper Holte.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought I heard some boos on TV for Clark that would be only thing I would be critical of

Unfortunately booing sounds carry well and can sound like they are coming from a reasonably large section. Sat in the centre of the Upper Holte, I heard some booing towards Clark. Looking around, I couldn't see anyone booing so, in reality, the booing was limited to a small minority of thousands of fans.

• Like 1

32,000 yesterday, most of whom will have gone home at least satisfied that we have a team fighting for them.

This is with results being as they are. If we do start winning games, preferably they will, we can comfortably expect 33-35k every week. Combined with selling out almost 5k tickets to Barnsley on a Tuesday night, fears over support dwindling were misplaced. 

The supporters have reacted how I hoped to Randy Lerner's demise.

• Like 2

Support/atmosphere was good in the second half and it felt like a win at the end to me. Still think we need to add a few more chants to fuel things. As players have left or fell out of favour our repertoire has reduced and it needs updating a bit,  Would love us to bring back the 'The Bells Are Ringing' and introduce some more player chants for new players like Kodjia, Adomah, Gollini, Tshibola; and I'll include Ayew in that list.  Not critiquing our support at all - it was great yesterday - I just think more chants would help us create the atmosphere we want.

Edited by Gary Thomas

30 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Support/atmosphere was good in the second half and it felt like a win at the end to me. Still think we need to add a few more chants to fuel things. As players have left or fell out of favour our repertoire has reduced and it needs updating a bit,  Would love us to bring back the 'The Bells Are Ringing' and introduce some more player chants for new players like Kodjia, Adomah, Gollini, Tshibola; and I'll include Ayew in that list.  Not critiquing our support at all - it was great yesterday - I just think more chants would help us create the atmosphere we want.

Twice this season, once at home and once away, I have sang TBAR from start to completion, both verses, and not a single person has joined in. Sorry bud, I think it's dead. 

Â