Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Unbeaten at home this season, the only club to still be.

One of the more surprising stats you'll see. Imagine if we had turned a few more of those terrible home draws into wins. I hope this season doesn't turn out to be a case of what could have been.

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

One of the more surprising stats you'll see. Imagine if we had turned a few more of those terrible home draws into wins. I hope this season doesn't turn out to be a case of what could have been.

Can't look back now, it has gone. Just need to keep on winning and moving forward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I'll be honest, I don't like the Premier league. I absolutely didn't like getting relegated and I didn't like the way the club was run by Lerner and Tom Fox in particualry, in the past 2 years or so, but the Premier league is a bag of overpriced, over-hyped sh*te. I quite like the Championship at the moment.

I'd rather be good in the premier league than the championship. It is a nice change but I don't want Villa to be trapped down here. It like going on holiday- a break is nice but not all the time.  Villa at the bare minimum should be a well run mid table top flight club. That is not being arrogant, that is based on our past record and fan base.

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I'd rather be good in the premier league than the championship. It is a nice change but I don't want Villa to be trapped down here. It like going on holiday- a break is nice but not all the time.  Villa at the bare minimum should be a well run mid table top flight club. That is not being arrogant, that is based on our past record and fan base.

I agree - it's not being in the top division that I don't like, it's the bonkers ticket prices, the ridiculous hype, the obsession with about 4 or 5 clubs and all the crap, basically, that I'm not missing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

I agree - it's not being in the top division that I don't like, it's the bonkers ticket prices, the ridiculous hype, the obsession with about 4 or 5 clubs and all the crap, basically, that I'm not missing.

Yes- though 4pm kick offs paying £42 to watch Wednesday-Villa and 4,500 still doing it is fairly bonkers.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2016 at 22:57, sidcow said:

Bruce asked for it as he felt the change of dugout had brought about bad luck I understand 

I have to say though of all the awful things which have befallen us the last few months questioning the change of dugout would be the least of questions I have to ask! 

And what a masterstroke it was from Bruce. There is almost a direct line from the change of dugout to the change back that coincides with the worst period in the history of the club. The location of the dugout was clearly the route cause! . Nice one Mr Bruce

On 24 October 2016 at 18:36, blandy said:

Yeah I see your point but I much prefer us playing the likes of arsenal, united etc I hate the fact we are down here, makes us look small fry when we are a lot bigger than a host of premier league sides

Hmmmm. So West Ham v Chelsea sees mass brawling in the stands. I wonder if we will see endless press criticism talking about a return to the dark ages now its a significantly more serious issue happening to some Laandaan clubs compared to a hoard of northern savages invading the pitch in utter jubilation? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Hmmmm. So West Ham v Chelsea sees mass brawling in the stands. I wonder if we will see endless press criticism talking about a return to the dark ages now its a significantly more serious issue happening to some Laandaan clubs compared to a hoard of northern savages invading the pitch in utter jubilation? 

Yeah remember when Villa fans invaded the pitch against West Brom in the cup? How much crap did we get about that. lets see what happens to the shammers

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah remember when Villa fans invaded the pitch against West Brom in the cup? How much crap did we get about that. lets see what happens to the shammers

Throwing seats and coins at children is fine as long as you're in London and you don't go on the pitch, obviously.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Throwing seats and coins at children is fine as long as you're in London and you don't go on the pitch, obviously.

Coins?? Chairs what are you talking about? Are you meaning when west brom threw chairs at villa fans?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Coins?? Chairs what are you talking about? Are you meaning when west brom threw chairs at villa fans?

Last Nights shenanigans at the Olympic Stadium, I imagine.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes I meant what happened last night at West Ham. Doesn't seem to be as big a deal as Villa fans celebrating on the pitch, naturally.

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yes I meant what happened last night at West Ham. Doesn't seem to be as big a deal as Villa fans celebrating on the pitch, naturally.

Ah sorry thought you was referring to our fans! 

• Like 1

On 24 October 2016 at 18:34, The Fun Factory said:

I'd rather be good in the premier league than the championship. It is a nice change but I don't want Villa to be trapped down here. It like going on holiday- a break is nice but not all the time.  Villa at the bare minimum should be a well run mid table top flight club. That is not being arrogant, that is based on our past record and fan base.

I've only ever known Villa as a Prem side, playing mainly the same teams and going the same grounds year in year out. This season feels like a breath of fresh air too me. I'm seeing us play teams who I've never seen before and come to VP with a lot more enthusiasm and I'm enjoying the new grounds to visit and the local derbys. I could go another season if we stay down but that would be it for me, I wanna win promotion and get back up there. 

Also, insanely, we drop down a division and ticket prices for away games fall! 

• 1 year later...

The noise level today during the "I love Aston Villa" bit of Hi Ho Silver lining was absolutely immense. The loudest I can remember Villa Park being for years. I think pretty much the whole crowd joined in. 

• Like 2

Â