Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

9 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Yesterday for the first time ever i was forced to leave after the Wolves goal because of the foul mouthed incessant negative ranting of a booze fuelled

moron sitting next to me and my wife. Even after our goal he would not stop his vile diatribe aimed at any player who had the ball. Sitting directly in

front of us were four small children apparently attending their first game,God knows what their father was thinking.In the end my wife saw how uptight

Ihad got and asked for us to go. After telling the cretin why we were leaving we did just that. Iinformed a WPC sittig directly behind us but she just

shrugged her shoulders. Today I just feel sad for our great club (i have been going for 50 years) but Iwill not be subjected to that sort of behaviour

for anything

Where do you sit?

I'd report his seat number. I take 2children down , and accept the odd bit of ranting, but I've asked people to stop swearing, fortunately they were normal, and did.

14 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Where do you sit?

I'd report his seat number. I take 2children down , and accept the odd bit of ranting, but I've asked people to stop swearing, fortunately they were normal, and did.

Thanks, Iwill report it , We sit in K2

Without want to cast any shadow on last night and on wonderful support, our repertoire of chants needs improving, badly. Whoever actually creates chants - the ones that actually get sung at the ground - needs to get to work because we have less chants now than at any time I can remember.

Why are we not singing 'Stevie Bruce's Claret and Blue army'?  Not sure about that Viking thing (Bruce, Bruce, Bruce!)

Edited by Gary Thomas

I agree the songs we sing are a bit of a repeat performance that died years ago, perhaps some rejuvenated ones or maybe even some new ones!

without going off topic too much, It's your round is a classic.

But others yeah, they need freshened up. Like our John Carew for Jordon Ayew

Jordon Ayew, Ayew..  He won't smile for me or you..

But he can score one or two..

So f*ck you.. f*ck you....

or along them lines..   :)

Take anything. The hey Jude theme for Ayew could also work (Na na na na na na na, na na na na Ayew). 

Think it is easy to write chants that would work - there are plenty in the chants thread. The problem is getting people (or groups) to actually introduce them in the grounds. I go with my 12-year old lad and as much as I sing my heart out, me and my lad ain't going to introduce a new chants in the Holte!  But someone needs to. Half time, in concourse, by packed bar, that sort of thing.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree the songs we sing are a bit of a repeat performance that died years ago, perhaps some rejuvenated ones or maybe even some new ones!

without going off topic too much, It's your round is a classic.

But others yeah, they need freshened up. Like our John Carew for Jordon Ayew

Jordon Ayew, Ayew..  He won't smile for me or you..

But he can score one or two..

So f*ck you.. f*ck you....

or along them lines..   :)

I still think a remix of the outhere brothers and change it to boom boom boom let me hear you say ayew, a boom boom boom let me hear say ayew, ayewwwwwwwwww

simple but so defective and catchy

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I still think a remix of the outhere brothers and change it to boom boom boom let me hear you say ayew, a boom boom boom let me hear say ayew, ayewwwwwwwwww

simple but so defective and catchy

Need a drum as well :) 

• Like 1

Home atmosphere and new songs get easier with good performances.  Hopefully we are now starting the turnaround so I expect things to pick up. It's just we have been so very very bad for so very very long now

• Like 3

What do we think about this?  Personally I am all for it - sounded great Tues and fits our need to put the past to bed and look to a more positive future.  Anything to help the atmosphere right?

You ain't ever gonna burn my heart out!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

As great as it was - that song is going to be played at my funeral... Not sure I want it at Villa Park, you know... just in case it's there at my death as well... Just saying... :)

38 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

What do we think about this?  Personally I am all for it - sounded great Tues and fits our need to put the past to bed and look to a more positive future.  Anything to help the atmosphere right?

Edited by Raver50032

Don't agree about 'Don't Look Back in Anger'.  Think it is just trying to pick-up on the good energy created Tuesday.  The  lyrics resonate to me because of the crap we've been through and the need to look forward.  Would also help create a better atmosphere, which trumps everything for me.  I couldn't care less who wrote the song tbh - we used to sing you'll never walk alone for years in our heyday; makes little difference where the original song come from IMO.

Edited by Gary Thomas

3 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Don't agree about 'Don't Look Back in Anger'.  Think it is just trying to pick-up on the good energy created Tuesday.  The  lyrics resonate to me because of the crap we've been through and the need to look forward.  Would also help create a better atmosphere, which trumps everything for me.  I couldn't care less who wrote the song tbh - we used to sing you'll never walk alone for years in our heyday; makes little difference where the original song come from IMO.

I've seen a few references to this.  What was sung?  Were the lyrics changed? I don't understand how it fit's our position specifically or am I missing something?

Ta

Â