Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So, how did the don't look back in anger go down? I heard it flopped a bit before the game. Was it more welcomed at full time? 

yes pretty loud at the end , to be fair before the game the ground was only just filling up

On 20/10/2016 at 16:20, Gary Thomas said:

100% agree with bit in bold.  Said before, we need to inject some new chants/songs to create a more sustained atmosphere. Barnsley was great, but we soon got through our repertoire and then we were just repeating few old favorites.  Holte Enders in The Sky and Villa, Villa and shit on the City only get you so far when you have 90+ minutes fill.  We have lost loads of chants with players/managers leaving but we don't seem to be replacing them.  How many good player chants have we got right now?  Doesn't matter one iota to me if its don't look back Anger, Hi ho silver lining, The bells are ringing, Stevie Bruce's claret and blue army or Boom Boom Boom let me say Ayew.  The songs we sing are the vehicle through which we support our club and team and anything that helps create a more sustained atmosphere gets my support. Anything.  I even joined in with that Icelandic Bruce, Bruce, Bruce at Reading, which weren't bloody good I can tell ya, but it supports the team so you do it.

That because we have been utterly useless for years and have a had a bewildering number of players and managers coming and going through the door. Players get the vocal chants when they have been a a club for a while and or actually do something good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That because we have been utterly useless for years and have a had a bewildering number of players and managers coming and going through the door.

Keep reading it's the teams fault or the change of managers/players.

I look forward to things improving now we are starting to win again - if that really is the issue.

3 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Crowd woke up second half, but very poor first half.

Overall Holte 6/10.  Must do better!!!!!!

It was exceptionally subdued until we went ahead. I expected a far better atmosphere after the midweek win. 

I blame the ridiculous kick off time of 3.00pm on a Saturday. A ludicrous time to play a football match. It will never catch on. The sooner we get back to a more traditional 12.00 on a Sunday the better I say. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It was exceptionally subdued until we went ahead. I expected a far better atmosphere after the midweek win. 

I blame the ridiculous kick off time of 3.00pm on a Saturday. A ludicrous time to play a football match. It will never catch on. The sooner we get back to a more traditional 12.00 on a Sunday the better I say. 

This is modern football I'm afraid 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Keep reading it's the teams fault or the change of managers/players.

I look forward to things improving now we are starting to win again - if that really is the issue.

Of course it's the issue.  We have been utter pants for years. No way can you keep chipper in the face of what we've put up with. 

I always walk all the way round the ground before each game so I have walked past every set of away fans for the last 30 years or so. . Unquestionably the loudest and most boisterous every year is always Man Ure. It must be so so easy to get that atmosphere when you have spent 15 years pretty much tonking every team you play every week. . They also have a huge variety of songs. 

The team has a responsibility to give the fans something to hang their hat on. We don't even have a broken hook at the moment,  but soon Mr Bruce will affix one of those huge multi hook things to the wall and our assortment of Top Hats will decorate it splendidly. 

• Like 1

I'm going to the Blackburn game with six friends. Including a brother in law from Germany whose a monster of a man and bellows songs to the Moenchengladbach boys every other week.

We'll make as much noise as possible, promise. 

• Like 4

Plus Fulham took a small following- the atmosphere is always better with some 'banter' with the away fans.  I would estimate the 2 last home and away games out of a total 52,000 crowd around 35,000 of which would be Villa supporters.  We have good support- the Barnsley manager on five tonight said the same thing the few times he has watched us.

Edited by The Fun Factory

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Of course it's the issue.  We have been utter pants for years. No way can you keep chipper in the face of what we've put up with. 

I always walk all the way round the ground before each game so I have walked past every set of away fans for the last 30 years or so. . Unquestionably the loudest and most boisterous every year is always Man Ure. It must be so so easy to get that atmosphere when you have spent 15 years pretty much tonking every team you play every week. . They also have a huge variety of songs. 

The team has a responsibility to give the fans something to hang their hat on. We don't even have a broken hook at the moment,  but soon Mr Bruce will affix one of those huge multi hook things to the wall and our assortment of Top Hats will decorate it splendidly. 

Agreed- as the five reporter said after the Ayew miss- the chance to put the icing on the cake- but at least Villa have got a cake.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

This is modern football I'm afraid 

This. Thought it would be better in The Championship but the crowds down there are just as dead/sanitised as the Premier League.

Our fans are no different to any other big English club, sing a bit when you are winning and on mute the rest of the time.

Maybe when we get cheaper safe standing things will change.

7 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

This. Thought it would be better in The Championship but the crowds down there are just as dead/sanitised as the Premier League.

Our fans are no different to any other big English club, sing a bit when you are winning and on mute the rest of the time.

Maybe when we get cheaper safe standing things will change.

sought of agree when it comes to home support, but not away. Also think crowds in the Championship are better. 

Personally think this is a nice little number to blast out after the final whistle when we win - captures the mood perfectly right now - we're looking forward not back!   Don't think we need to push it too much or over analyze it  - just play the tune on the tannoy system and let the joy spill out naturally.  I hope we hear it more because it probably means we're winning.  UTV

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Personally think this is a nice little number to blast out after the final whistle when we win - captures the mood perfectly right now - we're looking forward not back!   Don't think we need to push it too much or over analyze it  - just play the tune on the tannoy system and let the joy spill out naturally.  I hope we hear it more because it probably means we're winning.  UTV

Exactly. Hi ho silver lining was getting tired and has aged badly. 

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Nice one, great to see some positive and togetherness back! 

UTV! 

Only problem is I WANT to look back in anger.  I was looking (I don't very often bother) at the Premier League results from yesterday earlier as I wondered what was going on. Looking at quite a few of the clubs currently in that League it made me all angry again about how utterly incompetent Lerner was to ever get us relegated. 

Even a fair amount of mis management should have seen us OK it's totally scandalous just how badly run we were by him. 

So Sally can wait while I continue to mither about it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Only problem is I WANT to look back in anger.  I was looking (I don't very often bother) at the Premier League results from yesterday earlier as I wondered what was going on. Looking at quite a few of the clubs currently in that League it made me all angry again about how utterly incompetent Lerner was to ever get us relegated. 

Even a fair amount of mis management should have seen us OK it's totally scandalous just how badly run we were by him. 

So Sally can wait while I continue to mither about it. 

I know, it makes me angry too. Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Crystal Palace etc... how the **** are they playing top level football while Aston Villa are where we are! We were well and truly screwed over by Lerner, it's criminal. But, we need to look forward now. We will be back, form is temporary, class is permanent as they say. I say let's enjoy the championship while we're here, it won't be foreve. 

• Like 1

Â