Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

53 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There seems to be this idea doing the rounds that draws aren't good enough in isolation, that we have to win every game. It we did that there's an outside chance we'd qualify for the champions league and whilst I'm up for that, I think it's a tad unrealistic. 

no but we have to win games like today as likelihood of beating at least 1 of Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, United or Spurs is very slim means that we dont really have 16 games left more like 10 not including away trips to West Ham, Watford, West Brom and Stoke

Edited by Zatman

I think Garde needs to rest our key players For Wyconbe.

I would go with,

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Bennett

Westwood,Lyden,Sanchez if possible (is Gardner around) or dare to say it, Richardson.

Sinclair,Gestede, Grealish

---

We need a fit Ayew,Veretout, Gana, Kozak and the whole defence next week.

We have City after Wycombe so its not worthing gambling on the mean time.

The lads played 2 game in 4 days, some even played 3 in a week. 5 in two weeks is really too much for them.

• Like 4

I agree maybe resting certain players is a good idea. But I also think another win would further build confidence, even if it is against League 2 opposition.

I wouldn't like to see the effect a loss against Wycombe would have on our confidence.

Definitely rest some players for wycombe or have them on the bench. I would rest veretout, ayew, okore, gana and gil. Id play rusden-murphay along with kozak up top. If grealish is fit id play him. Bring guzan back in as well.

I think the more conservative of us would say that 40 points keeps us up.  That means for the rest of this season, we need 1.75 points per game.  A huge ask, but on the other hand we got 2 per match, both against teams in the top half of the table this week.  (joint first and 8th)

That's still a highly improbable task, but not completely impossible.  Much more likely now than it was a week ago.

If less than 40 are required, it becomes more possible.

10 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think Garde needs to rest our key players For Wyconbe.

I would go with,

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Bennett

Westwood,Lyden,Sanchez if possible (is Gardner around) or dare to say it, Richardson.

Sinclair,Gestede, Grealish

---

We need a fit Ayew,Veretout, Gana, Kozak and the whole defence next week.

We have City after Wycombe so its not worthing gambling on the mean time.

The lads played 2 game in 4 days, some even played 3 in a week. 5 in two weeks is really too much for them.

Keep the momentum I say, try and hammer Wycombe out of sight. They owe the fans one on this, and need to exercise some ghosts. 

2 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Problem is those were home games. Playing away is a whole different ball game. West Brom would like nothing more than to put another nail in our coffin next week. 

And yes I agree forget the F.A. Cup put out a shit team, that won't be difficult. 

Think our lack of pace really shows in away games. At home not so much though it's still evident. Can't break quickly in transitions from defence to attack away from home is our big issue. Really wish we played with genuine out and out wingers at times.

• Like 1

Our results are quite odd this season as a lot of our points (7) are from the top 10 clubs. West Ham 1, Leicester 1, Palace 3, Man City 1 & Southampton 1. That's over half of our points! It's the 11th to 18th placed teams we have been awful against, Stoke, WBA, Watford, Norwich, Everton, Sunderland, Swansea, Newcastle, Chelsea & Bournemouth ... Only 5 points from those teams..  just 1 win against Bournemouth and draws with Sunderland & Newcastle...  3 of the 4 teams directly above us!!

So i don't think we can really judge which teams we are more or less likely to get points from in the run in... as it stands we are better playing the top 10!!! What a bizarre season!

Edited by danceoftheshamen
Omission

For me there is zero chance of staying up unless we get some players in and based on what we have done so far in this window it suggests that the board (if we can even call them that as they unfit to be a board of directors) have accepted relegation. still we have around two weeks to get players in where we could be even further behind. 

How hard is it to find some goal scorers FFS?

I think our chances of staying up are about 50/50 at the moment BUT only if the board get their fingers out and buy a striker,FFS to have any chance of staying up we need to score goals.

As for the 40 points needed to stay up, this is a myth.All you need to stay up is 1 point more than the team in 18th place, at the moment that is 21 points.

5 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I think our chances of staying up are about 50/50 at the moment BUT only if the board get their fingers out and buy a striker,FFS to have any chance of staying up we need to score goals.

I disagree.

Even with a decent forward, there's no way it's 50/50. It'd be about that if we were level on points with Sunderland/Swansea, we're miles off.

I'll go with 20% with a new forward, 1 in 20 without #numberwang

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

we have a 10% chance of staying up and that is me being generous

I think that's a fair assessment. I put it at about 1 in 10 myself as on the pitch we appear to have turned a corner and should we keep that up it will give us an outside shot with a couple of cheap or short term additions to the squad. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Â