Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

19 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Sod it. Let's just go on a winning spree and overtake Chelsea so that they get relegated. 

Cue insane laughter....

In the 15 minutes since I posted this Chelsea have gone 2-0 down and then fought back to 2-2.

Regardless of the result today we are going down . Not only do we need to win games we need every other result to go for us. We may catch Sunderland , we may even catch Swansea but so will Newcastle other clubs may pul away. Just too much to do. Not only that but we will be staying down for a while. Mantis will come on and say "you can't know that for sure" but I do . I almost guarantee it under the management we now have .

the club have accepted relegation too. And you know what I actually don't have an issue with them on that front. As long as they use the time to prepare and build for a stronger club to come back and never be in this position again, for the club to actually compete I he premiership. It is this I have a problem with, not with them accepting our fate but with their inability, in fact not just inability ,it's an unwillingness to rebuild . This is the depressing bit the lack of that is what keeps us down

Forget how far we are from safety. We need to stop focusing on that.

We need 36 ish points. It doesn't matter how far we are or aren't from safety now. if we get to that tally we'll have a chance.

• Like 1

Hopefully we win wycombe, which would make us unbeaten in four games (with 2 wins (IF we are able to win wycombe)). Then we might see some confidence come back to the players, our next three league games are winnable.. decent results in those three matches then who knows what will happen.. 

1 hour ago, Richard said:

the club have accepted relegation too. And you know what I actually don't have an issue with them on that front. As long as they use the time to prepare and build for a stronger club to come back and never be in this position again, for the club to actually compete I he premiership. It is this I have a problem with, not with them accepting our fate but with their inability, in fact not just inability ,it's an unwillingness to rebuild . This is the depressing bit the lack of that is what keeps us down

I also have no problem with it. In terms of last week and this week I see positives from certain parts of our play. For me the transfers now we make (Debuchy aside as it's nearly done) have to be with long term in mind, players who wouldn't mind spending a season in the championship.

Desperately need another striker and keeper this window, no matter what happens, as crazy as it sounds we aren't far off from a decent team.

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Unbeaten in two.  Results against us unfortunately and now we're 11 from safety. Too little too late it would seem

9 points behind Newcastle. The way I look at it is we'd be 13 away if it wasn't for the last two results. Ultimately we need to get about 7 or 8 wins to give us a good chance - unlikely but possible!

• Like 1

At the start of the week we were 11 from safety but we've used up 2 games so although we are now "only" 9 points from safety theoretically we are now closer to relegation than we were before the start of this week.

Yet people in the match thread are saying "good point" :rolleyes:

Considering we just played the team top of the league id say a point is not the end of the world. The main thing is we seem to be improving each game and if we can continue to play like the second half we will win games. Problem is we seem pretty pathetic away from home. 

• Like 2

There is a 'good' way to go down and a 'bad' way. If by the end of the season we are consistently picking up points and wins, but have fell just short due to getting 4 from 15 or something at the start, and picked up say 31-32 points, so long as we held on to most the team id be pretty optimistic of automatic promotion, if we were say 14th in Jan, spent a truck load then imploded and lost 9 in a row to go down on 37,  then 9 of the squad left I'd be more worried.

• Like 1

Â