Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

The only way we aren't getting relegated is if the premier league changed the rules and clubs finished the season in alphabetical order.

im more optimistic than I was before palace but we need to put together a run of winning 1 in 3 games and drawing 1 of those 3, and then hoping 3 teams above us go on 4/5 game losing runs. 

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think that's a fair assessment. I put it at about 1 in 10 myself as on the pitch we appear to have turned a corner and should we keep that up it will give us an outside shot with a couple of cheap or short term additions to the squad. 

10%, 1 in 10 its all the same.

We have 16 games left and need to win half of them. I make that 2 points a game, and even then, we need a couple of draws thrown in as well.

I've no complaints with the last 2 games but we just don't have the firepower to win 8 games, looking at the fixtures remaining, I can't see 8 wins. If we go a goal down, I can't see us scoring 2.

Looking at the transfers taking place around us, I would sooner go with what we have and wait until the summer. If Swansea go down, a cheeky bid for Ayew

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

10%, 1 in 10 its all the same.

We have 16 games left and need to win half of them. I make that 2 points a game, and even then, we need a couple of draws thrown in as well.

I've no complaints with the last 2 games but we just don't have the firepower to win 8 games, looking at the fixtures remaining, I can't see 8 wins. If we go a goal down, I can't see us scoring 2.

Looking at the transfers taking place around us, I would sooner go with what we have and wait until the summer. If Swansea go down, a cheeky bid for Ayew

Yes, I understand the maths ;)

I don't think we need 8 wins, I think we need 23/24 points. You get a point for a draw also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes, I understand the maths ;)

I don't think we need 8 wins, I think we need 23/24 points. You get a point for a draw also. 

23/24 points may not be enough this season. The way teams are going, it will probably be nearer 38/39 for safety, which means 8 wins and 2 draws-Or if you want to be pedantic, 7 wins and 5 draws. Newcastle, 4th from bottom are on 21 points, Norwich & Bournmouth even higher.

Yes, I understand the maths [emoji6]

23/24 points may not be enough this season. The way teams are going, it will probably be nearer 38/39 for safety, which means 8 wins and 2 draws-Or if you want to be pedantic, 7 wins and 5 draws. Newcastle, 4th from bottom are on 21 points, Norwich & Bournmouth even higher.

It might not be enough yes. I'm alluding to what it will take to give us a chance. A reason not to give up.

34 points might be enough. Probably not, but it might. 34 points is "doable" I'd say whereas 40 isn't realistic at all.

6 wins 4 draws 6 losses puts us in the mix. It's a reasonable target if we continue in the vein we have over the last 180 minutes, though very hard of course.

I would be surprised if we made 30 points, but if they continue to work as they have been I'm behind them all the way.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was said before but the Norwich and Sunderland games were killers, if we had got 2 draws in them games we would be 7 points behind Norwich which is gettable

For me, it was the 4:

Newcastle, WHU, Norwich & Sunderland. To stand any realistic chance, we needed 6 points.

The psycholigical impact after Sunderland knocked the stuffing out of all of us-Players and fans alike.

With Richards, Hutton & Guzan out of the way, we are a little more solid but we've left ourselves too bigger hill to climb. What a pity we couldn't have got those jokers out earlier.

• Like 1

The way I see it, it's all about staying in it week after week, gaining points and confidence.

For example, we cant afford to surrender a game that we are winning in the last few mins, but can get a lift from equalizing in the dying mins of a game.

Had Bunn not saved that pen, I think the game would have been beyond us. The lift that save gave us was enormous.

Losing to The Walkers Brothers would have killed any momentum from the Palace win.

we need to rest a few against Wycombe but still winning would be a massive boost for the WBA game on Sat. (We can worry about Citeh in a few weeks)

Win or draw v WBA keeps us ticking over.

every game we stay unbeaten is gold-dust for our confidence untill we either get another break (like v CP) or a good winning performance

If things feel like they are falling into place then the only fixtures we need to be wary of losing would be

Stoke a

Everton h

ManC a

Spuds h

Arsenal a

even Stoke a and Everton h are not given losses

Chelsea ManU & Pool are no longer top 4 standard teams of old

54 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It might not be enough yes. I'm alluding to what it will take to give us a chance. A reason not to give up.

34 points might be enough. Probably not, but it might. 34 points is "doable" I'd say whereas 40 isn't realistic at all.

6 wins 4 draws 6 losses puts us in the mix. It's a reasonable target if we continue in the vein we have over the last 180 minutes, though very hard of course.

I would be surprised if we made 30 points, but if they continue to work as they have been I'm behind them all the way.

Norwich are 11 points off 34 as we speak. Newcastle 13.

Both will surpass 34 points

6 wins will not keep us in the division.

Yep a good time to play them, similar to Crystal Palace as Deeney and Ighalo have gone off the boil and Watford have little else.

I've always said 9 wins would keep us up as we're capable of drawing under Garde. I still reckon that but to get 7 wins we need to win a couple in the next few weeks, Norwich for sure as that would drag them back towards us.

Way I've broken it down is we need 7 points per month....we have 4 so far so we need to beat WBA to get that. 7 in February, 7 in March (probably unrealistic given there's only 3 games and two of them are v Everton and Spurs) and 7 in April would get us to 36 before Newcastle at home who may or may not be safe by the time we play them.

If we're still in contention by early April we'd still have a shot as we'd be playing likes of Southampton, Watford and Newcastle who all could be safe by the time we play them. We saw last season in the run in when playing Everton and West Ham who barely lifted a leg for an hour that mid table teams are the best to play in the run in.

Have to win against West Brom to stand a chance really. Lose that and it most likely is over.

I still maintain the teams currently in the bottom won't be there at the end of the season. Or certainly not in that order (besides us being last which is quite likely)

There are always one or two teams that get dragged in to it late on.

I still think we are down and have thought that for a while but there is no doubt in my mind the past two performances have been a huge improvement, shame it has come a bit late.

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 2

got a feeling it will require 40 to be safe this year. Lots of teams already close to 30. Which makes our job much harder. 

I dont think Swansea or Newcastle will go down. I think Sunderland Norwich and us sadly. If Bournemouth can start slumping possibly we can catch them.. but they just improved their squad and are getting results still. 

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

Norwich are 11 points off 34 as we speak. Newcastle 13.

Both will surpass 34 points

6 wins will not keep us in the division.

In your opinion. 

In my opinion 34 points gives us a slither of a chance. That's all I'm saying. 

Â