Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nothing wrong with 4 points from 2 games, that's the exact form which will keep us up.

True, hopefully the revival began with Palace.

I just think we're always one game away from putting in another Norwich or Sunderland performance. 

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Eh we are adrift at the bottom of the table mate. Totally adrift minus the paddles shit creak here we come

Yes but he means 4 points from 2 games, extrapolated for the rest of the season, will keep us up. That's 2 points a game.

On 1 January 2016 at 20:18, KHV said:

i think our only chance is for the points total to be 34 points needed, so we need Bournemouth or Norwich (ideally both) to have the sort of form we've had.

as much as I'm pleased we've finally got out act together I'm totally pissed off that it's come too late, if we'd won and drawn against Norwich and Sunderland I'd be confident we could stay up, as it is I reckon we'll finish on 28 points and 6 off safety

Some of the passing was a bit all over the place, bunn went crazy a couple of times but saved well other than that can't fault the players.

The officials had an absolutely awful game all round though, how both sides had 11 men throughout and we didn't get one penalty is nothing short of mind boggling.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Today's results have done for us I think, that's us down.

I think results elsewhere mean very little at this stage.

We can start worrying about other results when we're anywhere near the points total we need to stay up.

We're closer to staying up than we were a week ago because we have 4 more points. It's as simple as that for me. At this stage I don't really care what other teams are doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Some of the passing was a bit all over the place, bunn went crazy a couple of times but saved well other than that can't fault the players.

The officials had an absolutely awful game all round though, how both sides had 11 men throughout and we didn't get one penalty is nothing short of mind boggling.

Wasn't any fight until the second half the players were aimless , it wasn't until we stuck the 2 big lads up front and started being a bit direct we got any where. The manager has to take some responsibility now!!!!!!!

why hasn't Kozak started more game ? Why he thinks he can play thru teams with a crock of shit squad still is unbelievable . You have to play to any crumb of day light you have / we have 2 big lads that given some service can cause teams problems. We have to be more direct and show more fight .

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

Wasn't any fight until the second half the players were aimless , it wasn't until we stuck the 2 big lads up front and started being a bit direct we got any where. The manager has to take some responsibility now!!!!!!!

why hasn't Kozak started more game ? Why he thinks he can play thru teams with a crock of shit squad still is unbelievable . You have to play to any crumb of day light you have / we have 2 big lads that given some service can cause teams problems. We have to be more direct and show more fight .

The manager did take responsibility.

We were struggling to pass through an organised Leicester team and changed our style to account for that, and it worked. We got a point and could have won it.

I fail to see how that's beng spun as a negative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I think results elsewhere mean very little at this stage.

We can start worrying about other results when we're anywhere near the points total we need to stay up.

We're closer to staying up than we were a week ago because we have 4 more points. It's as simple as that for me. At this stage I don't really care what other teams are doing.

While I understand where you are coming from I'm afraid I don't think that really holds true.

There isn't a definitive number of points required for survival, even if there are approximate figures.

As such others results are completely relevant sadly, we are now further away from sides above us and from a position of safer with one less game to play.

Even if you don't think we are down yet it's now less likely we will stop up than it was at 3pm.

• Like 1

Well Sunderland lost and Newcastle scraped 3 points whilst Bournemouth won well but Norwich lost badly.....Swansea play tomorrow so whilst it was a little disappointing that Newcastle won against West Ham at least we pulled closer to Sunderland both points and Goal difference wise as we did Norwich. As long as we keep catching up with 2 or 3 of those above us at some point we will catch them. Whether we have enough games is a different matter of course.

A good point though and at least there is some fight in the team at last! A couple of signings now and who knows... confidence is still rocky but did look a little better today.

All in all about as good as could be realistically hoped for when playing the League leaders.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

While I understand where you are coming from I'm afraid I don't think that really holds true.

There isn't a definitive number of points required for survival, even if there are approximate figures.

As such others results are completely relevant sadly, we are now further away from sides above us and from a position of safer with one less game to play.

Even if you don't think we are down yet it's now less likely we will stop up than it was at 3pm.

Other results count over the whole season.

What I'm trying to say is we shouldn't be focusing on "oh, now it's 11 points to safety" then "Now it's only 9, we're closer!"

There will be weeks where the teams above us don't win. They'll probably go a string of games without winning. There will be games where they unexpectedly win.

What really matters is how many points we get. And I don't think Newcastle winning, for example, means that we're any closer/further away from being relegated than we were yesterday. 

• Like 3

Â