Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

38 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

From what I've seen in the last 2 games we have installed some fight and passion into our game, which as a fan you expect to see. Unfortunately the quality is not there especially in the final third.

Too many times we were in good positions and the final ball was s@@t, especially in wide positions.

Lack of goals is what will do us in the end. I will have a glimmer of hope until it is mathmatically impossible although I am preparing for the worst.

Had we had some quality in final third I think we could have beaten leicester. We made them look average

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That swansea result to me suggests 3 points saturday or goodnight villa

It's 3 points Saturday or good night Villa regardless of the Swansea result.

Unfortunately, we have simply left ourselves with just too much to do this year! I am ever the optimist and am all for fighting until mathematics say we are gone but just don't see us doing it. Other clubs getting a result here and there isn't helping either. The last two games have at least shown to me that Garde could be the man to stablise the team and get us playing next year but he will need to be fully supported by the board to do this. Hope the players keeping scrapping to the death as would hate to go down at a whimper. 

35 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We are already down.

Not so much because of other results but because we simply aren't good enough to pick up the points required.

We aren't going to sign players to turn this around and what we have aren't good enough.

Even with the marginal, very marginal improvement under Garde all we've managed to do is tighten up a bit at the back we still can't create or score. Our last two goals had huge amounts of fortune, one the keeper as good as threw into the net and the other was handball and then took a huge deflection.

We just aren't good enough, other teams results aren't really important Because we can't win games.

On top of that I may add those running the club have accepted we are down

We are already down.

Not so much because of other results but because we simply aren't good enough to pick up the points required.

We aren't going to sign players to turn this around and what we have aren't good enough.

Even with the marginal, very marginal improvement under Garde all we've managed to do is tighten up a bit at the back we still can't create or score. Our last two goals had huge amounts of fortune, one the keeper as good as threw into the net and the other was handball and then took a huge deflection.

We just aren't good enough, other teams results aren't really important Because we can't win games.

On top of that I may add those running the club have accepted we are down

And it must be said they don't seem that fussed about it.

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I actually think they are operating under the extremely mis-guided notion that it will be a good thing as it will allow them to "rebuild" the squad. I think they are in for a big shock in the coming years as we struggle in the championship and fall a long way behind premier league teams.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So into the final 10 days of the transfer window. 

Tom Fox and co are proving that our inbuilt surrendering French mechanism remit actually works!

Only this time it's not the French surrendering.

Shame the West Brom game is away, think we'd beat them at home they are missing Morrison and Fletcher.

I made a concious decision a few years back to never attend an away fixture against a Tony Pulis side.  Ends in a 1-0 defeat every single time.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

They aren't because we are a football club in name alone, it's a business now. It's been years since decisions at the club were governed by an attempt to succeed on the pitch.

Next season will bring player sales, reduced wage bills and parachute payments.

Sure our revenue will drop but does that really matter when we've been running at a loss? We might even be more profitable in the Championship, image that.

Sure the value of the club will drop but what value does something you can't sell really have anyway?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Except for that time we beat Stoke 3-1 and Lowton scored a wondergoal you mean?

Yeah except for that.  I went to that actually :P

It was following the 1-0 away to Palace the following year I decided that.

Villa - 7

Norwich - 1

Swansea - 4

Newcastle - 5

Sunderland - 0

Optimist (deluded) hat well and truly on! [emoji6]

would still leave us 7 points behind Newcastle and Swansea [emoji20]

If we close the gap by a point per game then we are comfortably safe.

We didn't manage it this week, but we have a bit of momentum now at least.

Our goal every week has to be to make up ground on at least 1 of the 5 teams above us. So as long as we win, even if 3 of the 5 above us win, we will have made up some ground on the 2 teams at least. There is enough time left in the season for us to chip away at the gap still.

The real pressure now is that following the next 3 league games, we have a slightly tough run of fixtures, so ideally you would want to gap to safety to be no more than 6 points by the time we face Liverpool.

We are currently 10 points adrift, but looking at this weekend's fixtures, if we can beat West Brom, its entirely plausible that Norwich, Newcastle and Swansea will all lose (or draw), and with Sunderland and Bournemouth facing eachother - they obviously can't both win!  

Similarly, the week after if we can beat West Ham, its entirely plausible that our rivals will not win, certainly not all of them.

If we win our next 2 games, I think we will then be 6 points from safety, possibly 7, and we then face Norwich. And after that game we could then be 4-5 points from safety, with alot of momentum.

I must be dreaming though....I'm talking about us winning 3 games in a row....

• Like 1

Â