Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

There is a 'good' way to go down and a 'bad' way. If by the end of the season we are consistently picking up points and wins, but have fell just short due to getting 4 from 15 or something at the start, and picked up say 31-32 points, so long as we held on to most the team id be pretty optimistic of automatic promotion, if we were say 14th in Jan, spent a truck load then imploded and lost 9 in a row to go down on 37,  then 9 of the squad left I'd be more worried.

I agree, simply because if we perform increasingly well and get results it means we are progressing, which has to be better than performing  increasingly poorly !

4 points from the Palace and Leicester seems good in isolation but it followed 2 abysmal defeats by Norwich in Sunderland.. so you could say 4 points from those 4 games isn't good enough for us in our current position. 

I do have a glimmer of hope following the last 2 games but ultimately I have a feeling its too little too late. 

• Like 1

We could actually get momentum here if we beat Wycombe on Tuesday. 4 games on the run that we won't have lost if we do that. Take that to Brom and who knows what might happen.

Not sure what game I have just come from but it's not the one reflected on this thread!

manager has not been effective enough for me , he's finally realised attempting to play thru teams will not not work. He finally realised the tempo and being more direct May get us some points.we have amongst the barrel of shit players 2 that can head a ball if the service is provided.

remi is not NOT good enough and dosnt have the experience Balls or no how to get us out of the Championship .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Let's give a hand for Mr Roger East who skillfully marshaled today's game against Leicester by doing his very best to stop us from winning.

scsc_zps770b9be8.gif~c200

Our goal should never have stood in a million years, not sure you can get more rub of the green than a handball goal.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Have to beat West Brom. We are running out of what we might call 'winnable' games

That's got 1 nil to West Brom written all over it to me, Pulis will sit them deep, we won't have a clue how to break them down and they'll nick it from a set piece. Still in derby games you never know.

If we could win that and then beat Norwich we'd be back in this big time.

• Like 1

Im an optimist. We've just drawn against a team joint top, a game on paper we should of lost. We've won and drawn our last two games, 4 points out of 6 available. 

Some of the guys might think I'm a fool but if there's still hope, I'm still going to believe. If the players lose hope, we'll lose all confidence and momentum that we can take into next season, whatever league we are in. Im so glad the players don't have the same views as some of the people here. Im glad they're still fighting. 

We've just got a valuable point today, if we take 4 points available from every 2 games we'll stay up. We have took points from crystal palace (7th and one of the best away teams then Leicester who are joint top) we have hope. 

A little too late most likely but it's not all doom and gloom. We need to continue this momentum and beat baggies. Hey, it's not over till the fat lady sings and she's not singing quite yet. 

• Like 2

Â