Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

We seem to finally be putting up a fight. If we play like we did against Leicester every game it may not be enough but we will give ourselves a lot better chance of staying up obviously but more importantly we as a fan base will start to unite behind the team. A few weeks ago I couldn't see us staying up which hasn't really changed but what has is the belief we will come straight back up. I still have a small belief we can pull off a miracle and 7 pts from the next 3 would be immense.  All I want is for us to fight for everything and hopefully we may get some much needed luck on the way!! 

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

We are already down.

Not so much because of other results but because we simply aren't good enough to pick up the points required.

We aren't going to sign players to turn this around and what we have aren't good enough.

Even with the marginal, very marginal improvement under Garde all we've managed to do is tighten up a bit at the back we still can't create or score. Our last two goals had huge amounts of fortune, one the keeper as good as threw into the net and the other was handball and then took a huge deflection.

We just aren't good enough, other teams results aren't really important Because we can't win games.

Yes 100% agree with you Trent

I just dont understand why we always start so poorly? I cant remember the last time this side started a game so well within 10-20 minutes. You know west brom are licking their lips at the thought of putting another nail in our coffin. 

Just under 21k at villa park we better get use to that sort of number when we go down. if we can get about 30k (highly unlikely) many sides wont like coming villa park in championship

We will definitely get 30k in the championship, I think we will average 35k maybe more if we start winning games. It was -2 last night, on a Tuesday night, against a league 1 side in a cup that means **** all to us in the greater context. We've had lower crowds when we've been good.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We will definitely get 30k in the championship, I think we will average 35k maybe more if we start winning games. It was -2 last night, on a Tuesday night, against a league 1 side in a cup that means **** all to us in the greater context. We've had lower crowds when we've been good.

Assuming we perform well in the Championship, I think we'll have quite high attendances. I think fans will actually enjoy going for the first time in years.

If we end up languishing in the Championship for a few years then attendances will struggle. But for a season they'll be fine, imo.

Just now, omariqy said:

Big assumption that we will perform well in the Championship.

6 weeks ago I'd agree. 

I'm growing in confidence though. As long as we don't completely **** up our summer window we'll be fine.

But yes, it is still an assumption.

I think what we need is a competitive second half to the season. If the players can go down fighting and prove to themselves that if things were different during the first half of the season that we would have stayed up.

Then all we need to do is have a strong window, take that confidence into the Championship and develop a winning mentality that will hopefully put us in a much stronger position than we have been in if we come back up.

Hopefully in a few years time people will talk about this experience in a positive light. We need to experience this to wake ourselves up and realise that it isn't just enough to survive in the Premier League season after season and I think we can do this, even with the footballing anti-Christ at the helm.

It really all needs to come together though because if it doesn't I fear we'll be down there for a very, very long time. Thankfully Remi is starting to make me see this positively.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

6 weeks ago I'd agree. 

I'm growing in confidence though. As long as we don't completely **** up our summer window we'll be fine.

But yes, it is still an assumption.

I think that is the most important thing now for us.  We are not going to stay up. We need to start preparing for the Championship and building confidence by winning games or at least playing well.

I hope Newcastle go on another disastrous run like last season. They were stuck on 35 points for like half the season :crylaugh: . We just need 1 more team to go on a bad run as well and we might be able to do it (I'm somewhat confident we'll finish ahead of Sunderland regardless). 

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I hope Newcastle go on another disastrous run like last season. They were stuck on 35 points for like half the season :crylaugh: . We just need 1 more team to go on a bad run as well and we might be able to do it (I'm somewhat confident we'll finish ahead of Sunderland regardless). 

The teams above us are all capable of such. 

If we went on a 16 game run like Newcastle had before that we'd stay up. If we go on a run like Leicester did last season, we'd stay up. If we go on a run like Sunderland did the season before, we'd stay up. If we go on a run like the Albion did a few years back when they became the first team to stay up being bottom at Christmas, we'd stay up.

If any of Sunderland Swansea Newcastle Norwich or Bournemouth go down it will be because their form didnt improve during the run-in.

If we can overtake 2 of them but still go down, we'll be in better shape going into the Championship.

If Sunderland go, they'll be in deep financial trouble and won't come straight back up.

If Swansea and/or Norwich go, I cant see either coming back up straight away.

If Toon go, Ashley's money & Shteeeeeve will only help them come back up if they can keep their best players.

If Bournemouth go, I can see them coming back up straight away.

So,

Villa, Toon & Bournemouth (if they are the 3 relegated) plus the top dogs from the Championship who miss out this season will be there to fight it out over the 3 teams coming up.

Would be the worst senario for us going down

Sunderland, Swansea & Norwich are the 3 I think we need to be above come May.

Any 2 of these 3 going down with us would be the best senario for us to come back up.

Edited by Grasshopper

Â