Sunderland

Bournemouth (H)

Man City (H)

Liverpool (A)

Aston Villa

West Brom (A)

West Ham (A)

Norwich (H)

I'm fully aware that after that we have a tough run of fixtures, really tough. We need to have momentum by then. The time is now, we simply have to keep this mini run of form going. We can put a serious dent in Norwich and Sunderland for sure, with a bit of luck and a good wind of course. 

Up The Villa?

• Like 1

I accepted relegation after Swansea at home. Then I started to believe we could stay up after the draw with Man City. Now I'm certain we are gone and I don't want to think otherwise because it'll only hurt more when we do actually drop.  I'd rather accept it now and let it sink in.

I hope the players don't, of course...

If it's the type of thing that affects you then it'll hurt whether you accept it now or when/if it's confirmed. I think it's one of those things you can't prepare for unless you've experience before.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

If it's the type of thing that affects you then it'll hurt whether you accept it now or when/if it's confirmed. I think it's one of those things you can't prepare for unless you've experience before.

I have experienced it before but I did not prepare for it on those occasions and cannot do so this time. It is not something as Villa fans we should accept or prepare for. It is also something that I had hoped would not happen again as it is not part of any "bright future" we were promised.

Points wise from our next 3 games 9 would be exactly what we need but I would take 3 points at home and 2 - 3 from the away games to give us 5 - 6 points.   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, John said:

I have experienced it before but I did not prepare for it on those occasions and cannot do so this time. It is not something as Villa fans we should accept or prepare for. It is also something that I had hoped would not happen again as it is not part of any "bright future" we were promised.

Points wise from our next 3 games 9 would be exactly what we need but I would take 3 points at home and 2 - 3 from the away games to give us 5 - 6 points.   

5-6 pts isn't going to be enough though when we are so far behind and with tougher fixtures following.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Villa - 7

Norwich - 1

Swansea - 4

Newcastle - 5

Sunderland - 0

Optimist (deluded) hat well and truly on! ;)

would still leave us 7 points behind Newcastle and Swansea :(

2 hours ago, KJT123 said:

All well and good saying we shouldn't be taking any notice of other teams, but how on earth are we supposed to catch them when they keep pulling results out the bag?

Because Swansea, Newcastle, Norwich and Sunderland are all capable of going 4 or 5 games without getting a point or a win.

They got results this week. They could quite easily all lose next week.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Because Swansea, Newcastle, Norwich and Sunderland are all capable of going 4 or 5 games without getting a point or a win.

So could we, of course.That's about the only thing we have done consistently so far this season.

• Like 1

So could we, of course.That's about the only thing we have done consistently so far this season.

Nobody is saying we couldn't?

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

would still leave us 7 points behind Newcastle and Swansea :(

With several games left. I don't belive we will stay up, but there is still hope and i for one will latch on to it as long as its mathematically possible :) being relegated would be so shitty its unbelievable

I laso have hope-My brain tells me otherwise but while there is a chance, you have to try to take it, no matter how slim.

Another challenge is to just catch the pack up and not finish bottom. Means nothing much in the grand scheme of things but playing for pride is very important, given what has gone on in the first half of the season.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The problem iswe are capable of going on worse runs than them!

From what I've seen in the last 2 games we have installed some fight and passion into our game, which as a fan you expect to see. Unfortunately the quality is not there especially in the final third.

Too many times we were in good positions and the final ball was s@@t, especially in wide positions.

Lack of goals is what will do us in the end. I will have a glimmer of hope until it is mathmatically impossible although I am preparing for the worst.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

5-6 pts isn't going to be enough though when we are so far behind and with tougher fixtures following.

It would be something to build upon although I would obviously prefer 9 and 4 - 5 points might be a bit ambitious. ;) It might just prove to be enough over what is left of the season if we can average around 1.5 points a game lets go and get them and find out.   

Edited by John

Â