Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

doesnt really bother me if Newcastle, Sunderland or Bournemouth win. We are in this mess because of ourselves and sick of other clubs bailing us out

If we amazingly stay up then its because we deserved to stay up and not other teams shitness

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

If we lost against Leicester then Newcastle's win will pretty much be irrelevant anyway.

No but it's the points tally to stay up isn't it...if likes of Newcastle, Bournemouth keep losing their tallies at end of the season wouldn't be much over 30 points so we still have hope with that.

If those two go on winning runs then they'll be getting over 30 points fairly quick and can finish on 35-40 points, we wouldn't have a chance if that happens, simply too many games to win whereas you need 6 wins and a few draws to finish on 34 points which has keep teams up before I'm fairly sure.

Just now, VillaChris said:

No but it's the points tally to stay up isn't it...if likes of Newcastle, Bournemouth keep losing their tallies at end of the season wouldn't be much over 30 points so we still have hope with that.

If those two go on winning runs then they'll be getting over 30 points fairly quick and can finish on 35-40 points, we wouldn't have a chance if that happens, simply too many games to win whereas you need 6 wins and a few draws to finish on 34 points which has keep teams up before I'm fairly sure.

If we lose to Leicester I don't think we have a hope of staying up regardless of what other teams do - it'll be such a blow confidence-wise and we know how fragile these players are.

If we win of course we're back in with a shout.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

If we lose to Leicester I don't think we have a hope of staying up regardless of what other teams do - it'll be such a blow confidence-wise and we know how fragile these players are.

If we win of course we're back in with a shout.

Really, I wouldn't say losing to Leicester would kill things given how good they are unless we blow another 2 goal lead of course...

Losing or not beating Norwich in a few weeks would I'd say.

If we lost against Leicester then Newcastle's win will pretty much be irrelevant anyway.

In order for them to get to 33 points, say, they will need to pick up points themselves. So I'm personally not dismayed every time they do.

• Like 2

The other games don't matter. Most of the time this season we've blown our chances ourselves. We need three points today, doesn't matter how the other teams do today.

• Like 2

Other teams aren't going to conveniently keep losing to help us out, they're all going to win some. But the more they lose and the more we win, the quicker we can close the gap and the better the chance we have of surviving.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If only we'd have got results against Norwich and Sunderland...

They'll be the nails in our coffin.

Appalling performances in both games

• Like 1

Great result for Newcastle if they hold on, they are capable of pulling clear, and Shelvey might just be the signing that saves them.

Bournemouth beating Norwich drags Norwich back into it.

We can't expect to move 3 points closer to safety every week, we just need to avoid falling further behind on some weekends. If we can win today then we will be 3 points closer to Sunderland at least.

Our game was must-win before the 3pm kickoffs, and it's still must-win now. Our players are going to need to get used to playing under pressure now.

• Like 1

Â