Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

10 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Relegation would be a total disaster, the only reason people start to suggest otherwise is just bargaining when they see the inevitable.

I disagree. I'm quite looking forward to it. 

Even if it were true, so what? 'Bargaining when they see the inevitable' seems like the sensible psychological response. I'll leave the crying histrionics and garment-rending up to others. 

It would be complete arrogance to think we would bounce back. We are shite, and there is likely 6-7 teams in the Championship (including whoever comes down with us) who will be as good, and better organised, or better used to the league.

We will also have players leave us, the ambitious ones/internationals will leave, those with clauses in their contracts will think hard about it too. An we won't be a great proposition for any quality either.

Just think of the Albrightons and Davis' etc (don't mention Cahill) we sold who were deemed not good enough, laughing their asses off, who will be enjoying PL football for years to come while we languish in the Championship.

I personally think Lerner will cut his losses, keep the Parachute payment and bail-out for a serious loss. I reckon he would be sick of the whole business. 

35 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Relegation would be a total disaster, the only reason people start to suggest otherwise is just bargaining when they see the inevitable.

After 5 years of watching a team struggling to win a game of football I've come to the conclusion that the Premier League is a bit shit unless you're one of the top clubs. I think a season in the Championship will be much more entertaining, i'm not sure how that's a disaster for the fans? Might be for Randy Lerner, but I couldn't care about that..

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

After 5 years of watching a team struggling to win a game of football I've come to the conclusion that the Premier League is a bit shit unless you're one of the top clubs. I think a season in the Championship will be much more entertaining, i'm not sure how that's a disaster for the fans? Might be for Randy Lerner, but I couldn't care about that..

See this is what i see written a lot, why do you just assume a year down there will be much more entertaining and we'll suddenly win more games? It just doesn't automatically work like that. It would be a disaster for us because of the way were run, our finances, our squad and more than likely another manager change. Last one is conjecture i admit.

If you are not sure how its not a disaster for us fans then i'm not going to try and make it one for you but it most certainly is one for me, risk being stuck in the lower leagues as a former giant for a decade is not something i can even remotely consider a positive.

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I disagree. I'm quite looking forward to it. 

Even if it were true, so what? 'Bargaining when they see the inevitable' seems like the sensible psychological response. I'll leave the crying histrionics and garment-rending up to others. 

Right because everyone who isnt looking forward to playing in the championship is crying histrionics and garment rending? Good one.

I'm in the 'I'm not looking forward to it either way' camp. 

We're absolutely dire, a horrible football team whoever we play. I imagine the upcoming fixture against wycombe will be the standard turgid dross we've come to expect from what has been half a decade of some of the most inept professional footballers I've ever laid eyes on.

I find us completely cringeworthy, from top to bottom. The way we promote ourselves, the manner in which we set our stall out and the utterly laughable way in which we attempt play football. Hell, I'm not even sure I like the colours we play in anymore. 

Every team makes mistakes but I can't think of too many teams who have royally **** it up like we do... throwing the ball in our own net, defenders running into each other, man even when we had a decent player (laursen), he was a disastrous headless chicken at times. A complete embarrassent the way we capitulate time and time again.

I'm remaining positive of course ;)

In all seriousness, I don't let it get to me any more. Haven't for a while.

But anyone defending this shower of shite, in any way, under any circumstances, is having a complete joke imo.

• Like 1

I steal the show steveo. You don't think I'm like this about everything do you?

Do you think I'm like this about anything else in fact?

As I've said before, I'm not a quivering suicidal wreck about this, I'm just saying it how it is. There is nothing to be positive about. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm in the 'I'm not looking forward to it either way' camp. 

We're absolutely dire, a horrible football team whoever we play. I imagine the upcoming fixture against wycombe will be the standard turgid dross we've come to expect from what has been half a decade of some of the most inept professional footballers I've ever laid eyes on.

I find us completely cringeworthy, from top to bottom. The way we promote ourselves, the manner in which we set our stall out and the utterly laughable way in which we attempt play football. Hell, I'm not even sure I like the colours we play in anymore. 

Every team makes mistakes but I can't think of too many teams who have royally **** it up like we do... throwing the ball in our own net, defenders running into each other, man even when we had a decent player (laursen), he was a disastrous headless chicken at times. A complete embarrassent the way we capitulate time and time again.

I'm remaining positive of course ;)

In all seriousness, I don't let it get to me any more. Haven't for a while.

But anyone defending this shower of shite, in any way, under any circumstances, is having a complete joke imo.

100% agree

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I steal the show steveo. You don't think I'm like this about everything do you?

Do you think I'm like this about anything else in fact?

As I've said before, I'm not a quivering suicidal wreck about this, I'm just saying it how it is. There is nothing to be positive about. 

I don't know why you waste your time supporting us at all to be honest if you believe that post.

Don't even like the colours we play in anymore :crylaugh:

That, in a sentence, encapsulates you perfectly.

Edited by Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

100% agree

Not to make out were right about everything Richard (as we're not by any means), but we've seen this coming a while. Years in fact. Not maybe in such specifics and catastrophic circumstances but we're certainly renowned for being 'negative' if you like.

I think anyone who doesn't agree will only be able to once again put that argument forward - that were overly negative, without much substance behind their beliefs. Certainly no evidence.

We will then all sit round another 5 years, waiting patiently for us to string 3 forward passes together. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know why you waste your time supporting us at all to be honest if you believe that post.

Don't even like the colours we play in anymore :crylaugh:

That, in a sentence, encapsulates you perfectly.

It was the tongue in cheek part of the post. 

I couldn't give a **** what colours we wear. Just win a bloody game. 

• Like 1

Fwiw tho steveo I'm not even sure I do waste time supporting us. Other than look out for the score, and ramble on here, I don't really show anywhere as much interest as I used to. 

Twice I've thought about coming down to a game this season, and both times I decided to go racing instead, which has overtaken football for me by a country mile. Shame really because I used to live and breath villa and I'm disappointed that I don't really care anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Shame really because I used to live and breath villa and I'm disappointed that I don't really care anymore.

To be a happy supporter of a team you need to have hope that your team can achieve something. A big win against a rival, winning a trophy, finishing higher than expected, promoting players into the national team. The only hope as a Villa fan was hoping each season that the steady decline the club has been in for the last few years wouldn't be bad enough to see them relegated. This year that decline has smashed through that "low tide" mark after only just sneaking above it the last two seasons. There's no joy in being a Villa fan anymore, and no hope it will improve anytime soon.

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Like I said to CVByrne, don't let the door hit you on the way out :wave:

Personally, I hope there's always room here to be a confused or disinterested or just generally deeply embittered or even an utterly faithless supporter. These kinds of emotions can ebb and flow, and if you tend towards powerful emotions and passions, they can be pretty intense with high swings of the pendula.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

We'll still be Villa - even if relegation's a painful process to go through, next season everyone on here will still be flat out checking the starting line-ups, looking for streams and talking about performances good or bad. If we go down I'd be desperate to keep Garde for continuity if nothing else. Really don't want some Championship journeyman manager to take over.

• Like 1

Â