Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Fooking 'ell Laursen getting it now....you'll be saying McGrath should've dedicated himself a bit more next....;)

.....don't put idea's in his head.

Despite all the ups and downs with HDE mainly downs.....He did at least communicate through the B/Mail to us.

The silence from B6 is deafening.

We are going down and the lack of communication from the powers that be is embarrassing.....are they just intent on carrying on as if something as never happened? well are they?

The sheer arrogance is worrying in itself.

If fans & businesses are to continue in investing in the club, is it not fair to Explain/account for the capitulation of a famous football club and to outline with the resources we do have how THEY have managed such pigs ear of it all.

Confidentiallity has now gone much to far. The team being what they are week in week out is bad enough to bear......We now need answers not dismissive silence, under the banner of I can't really say......This lot have managed to club in such a way they have lost the right to " no comment"

Confidentiality is not a licence to put the drawbridge up and keep a complete lid on all the malaise that has thrived at B6 for so long.

We deserve, need and want answers.....and I think its about time

Tom Fox has a moral obligation to got the press and release a statement of whats gone on in the past.....(to hell with reputations and damaged ego's) and tangibly why he thinks we are on the right road for the future.

Right now, we seem rudderless.....like a piece of Balsa wood being tossed around by the waves.

We need to know, that they know where they went wrong, where we are in the " work in progress" and what is the timescale and blue print for getting it right.

Right now we are appointing senior staff with no idea if they are good bad or indifferent.....its like waiting in the doctors with no communication, only to eventually find he has resigned or died on the way to work.

WE DESERVE BETTER TREATMENT THAN THIS

PS I have seen pages and pages  in the press ( mainly the Birmingham Mail)about the goings on in the past, when we have had situations like this.....I think that time has arrived.

Edited by TRO

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Let's go through our attacking players Ayew, Gil, Grealish, Adama, Sinclair (marginally), Gabby (about par, but much better historically), all better than Weimann. Even if you don't agree I wouldn't say it's utter nonsense. He certainly wouldn't make any difference to our position now.

Grealish had one good game in the FA cup semi final and turned up for 30 mins against blues so he hasn't proved anything yet other than the fact he is a massive prick. Traore has done bugger all since he arrived and doesn't even feature. Wiemann wasn't particularly good but saying Grealish and Traore have done better than him isn't true at all, they have done sod all so far, at least Wiemann looked like he was trying when he was on the pitch.

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If anyone thinks Laursen was a bit overrated, just not quite good enough, then they're really following the wrong football team. It'll be decades before we have a centre-back that good again. 

mellberg and laursen were proper cbs if we had them now no way would we be where we are

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If anyone thinks Laursen was a bit overrated, just not quite good enough, then they're really following the wrong football team. It'll be decades before we have a centre-back that good again. 

Laursen was overated. Not saying he was a bad player but it's very rarely villa players aren't overated. Awful fitness wise and cost a lot of goals with his bull in a China shop approach.

Very good defender in terms of villa however, we didn't wait long at all for one to perform better. Like I said, the season dunne came in, laursen was not missed one bit.

But my point was that even when we do acquire a good player, he's an injury prone disaster waiting to happen.

Edited by Woodytom

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Laursen was overated. Not saying he was a bad player but it's very rarely villa players aren't overated. Awful fitness wise and cost a lot of goals with his bull in a China shop approach.

Very good defender in terms of villa however, we didn't wait long at all for one to perform better. Like I said, the season dunne came in, laursen was not missed one bit.

But my point was that even when we do acquire a good player, he's an injury prone disaster waiting to happen.

Even if I shared your opinion that Dunne was better than Laursen - I don't - you'll notice I said 'it'll be decades before we have a centre-back that good again'. Notice the use of 'will' for future predictions, ie. I'm talking about 'from now', not 'from the time Laursen left us'. 

Essentiall what I'm saying, Woodytom, is that you should reconsider following this club if it makes you miserable (it certainly seems to) and if the standard of player you expect to be lining up on the pitch is 'better than Laursen'. I really don't foresee anything for you to be happy about for many years into the future, and I'm honestly concerned about how miserable you seem. Football doesn't matter, just enjoy some other parts of life instead. 

• Like 1

With regards laursen:

Again OT, but the sheer disbelief that a supporter could possibly want more from a player who whilst there is no doubt was an asset, managed less than a 100 games and captained us to what? 6th - ok we'd all take it now but - big deal, shows the mentality of the fans and dare I say the club.

It is ok to want more from these people yknow? Man Utd are battling for the title. Do the fans expect more? Of course they do. 

I think had laursen not got injured and **** off to a bigger club, nobody would ridicule such an opinion. Let's face it nobody batters an eyelid when Yorke, barry and young come under a bit of scrutiny in here. Yet all delivered much more to avfc than laursen.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Even if I shared your opinion that Dunne was better than Laursen - I don't - you'll notice I said 'it'll be decades before we have a centre-back that good again'. Notice the use of 'will' for future predictions, ie. I'm talking about 'from now', not 'from the time Laursen left us'. 

Essentiall what I'm saying, Woodytom, is that you should reconsider following this club if it makes you miserable (it certainly seems to) and if the standard of player you expect to be lining up on the pitch is 'better than Laursen'. I really don't foresee anything for you to be happy about for many years into the future, and I'm honestly concerned about how miserable you seem. Football doesn't matter, just enjoy some other parts of life instead. 

I'm not miserable at all ya daft sod.

What because I don't rate laursen as much as you, I'm miserable?

What so because we probably won't get anything as good as laursen an time soon (which I agree with no you've explained), I should give up? No thanks.

That doesn't mean I can't want for it though, whilst remaining in on non miserable state.

Like I've said before, I'm balancing my villa life perfectly imo.

Edited by Woodytom

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm not miserable at all ya daft sod.

What because I don't rate laursen as much as you, I'm miserable?

What so because we probably won't get anything as good as laursen an time soon (which I agree with no you've explained), I should give up? No thanks.

That doesn't mean I can't want for it though, whilst remaining in on non miserable state.

Like I've said before, I'm balancing my villa life perfectly imo.

Okay, good. I hope you don't give up, you've clearly been a fan for a long time. I agree the waiting will be painful, it'll be a long time before this club is anything to shout about. 

I sort of agree Laursen was a bit overrated, a very good defender and brilliant in the air but he was very poor against pace, I saw Ricardo Fuller and Martins rip him apart in 08/09. Not his fault about the injuries and I think his injury was a major blow to us **** up the 08/09 season, we were 3rd or 4th when he got injured and only won 5 more games in all competitions after that

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Okay, good. I hope you don't give up, you've clearly been a fan for a long time. I agree the waiting will be painful, it'll be a long time before this club is anything to shout about. 

Not that long 23/24 years. Spose it is quite a while.

Think you'd be amazed how I talk about villa to non villa fans. I big them up galore. All part of the sport.

Just don't feel the need to sugar coat, what is clearly a disaster, in here to other villa fans.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I sort of agree Laursen was a bit overrated, a very good defender and brilliant in the air but he was very poor against pace, I saw Ricardo Fuller and Martins rip him apart in 08/09. Not his fault about the injuries and I think his injury was a major blow to us **** up the 08/09 season, we were 3rd or 4th when he got injured and only won 5 more games in all competitions after that

Personally think Laursen is the best bit of Premier League business we've ever done.  £3m! 

His only (and huge) downfall was that he was plagued with knee injuries.  But, **** me, he was good. Very good.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Not that long 23/24 years. Spose it is quite a while.

Think you'd be amazed how I talk about villa to non villa fans. I big them up galore. All part of the sport.

Just don't feel the need to sugar coat, what is clearly a disaster, in here to other villa fans.

I guess we're really opposites. On here, I try to be . . . .not positive exactly, but try to see some hope eventually. Out there, in the real world, I just tell people I support a really shit football team and then try to move conversations on to other topics. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

On here, I try to be . . . .not positive exactly, but try to see some hope eventually. Out there, in the real world, I just tell people I support a really shit football team and then try to move conversations on to other topics. 

Same.

But I think I'm more optimistic on here because others are so mind numbingly negative that it needs a bit of balance brought to the situation.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â