Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I don't think it follows automatically that going down to the Championship will make our squad start playing confident, winning football.

Someone will need to get a grip of the club and give it a sense of focus and direction and there's no sign of that happening at the moment.

BTW, is this "negative"? I don't think so, just realistic.

I get that,  but you've got to hope that they will to be honest.  I really do believe that if this team we have learn how to win a few games as a group and get that confidence then we easily have the squad of a mid-lower-table Premier League side. 

Just got to hope at the start of next season we win our first few games.  

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

With the parachute money we should be able to compete at the top end of the championship. Theres a huge difference between the quality of both leagues. 

Is this question similar to 'What's the difference between an elephant?'

Edited by TB

14 minutes ago, TB said:

Yes, I know :-) Still don't know the difference between the quality of both leagues, though...

If you're not good enough for the one league you automatically go to the other.

If you're too good for the one league you automatically go to the other.

Some that are too good for the one league aren't good enough for the other league so they come back down to the other league again.

Some never go up or down from one league to the other because they're good enough for the league that they are in.

Some keep going up and down because for some reason they're not good enough for one league but are too good for the other league.

Some that aren't good enough for either league eventually go down further to another league which they are either too good for or not good enough for. So they try to get back to the other leagues even if they weren't good enough in those leagues before.

Corrected

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 4

Thank you - genuinely laughed out loud at your explanation. But shouldn't the correct phrase be 'the difference between the quality of the two leagues'? Obviously a non-native English speaker here, so I'm happy to be corrected...

1 minute ago, TB said:

Thank you - genuinely laughed out loud at your explanation. But shouldn't the correct phrase be 'the difference between the quality of the two leagues'? Obviously a non-native English speaker here, so I'm happy to be corrected...

One is better than the other

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TB said:

Uh? No, I don't. I do know who she is, of course. And what's that got to do with the price of cheese?

Milk or bread actually

she's a Norwegian Golfer and has 2 legs, both better than the other

Relegation won't be so bad as long as Lerner doesn't lumber us with loads of debt. If he can keep us debt free and financially stable we'll be OK because we'll be a big fish in a small pond and should be able to attain the resources good enough to come back up pretty sharpish. But, if he messes up our finances, we could be another Leeds. 

Within 8 years of our last promotion we won two cups. There's hope but we need an owner who cares. Right now that is debatable. 

11 hours ago, briny_ear said:

BTW, is this "negative"? I don't think so, just realistic.

Sorry to pick you out. But once again I absolutely hate this phrase.

"I'm not negative, I'm realistic"

• Like 4

Relegation will be that bad, IMO. There is absolutely nothing possible about going down. 

A brief look at around this thread and others from the forum, and the General consensus is our squad is physically to weak for the Premiership, yet there is a confidence that we would "be OK" in the championship even though it's a much more physically demanding league.

Then in certain players threads I read " he'll be a big player for us in the championship " again this idea that some if the crap we have in the squad will be transformed into good players.  

We'll be the the team everyone wants to beat If we go down, we'd be ripped to piece's IMO. 

We must stay up.

I think the Championship would be very tough for us to get out of.  Like anyone, I would prefer to see us winning than losing every week, but we have to fight to stay up and try to rebuild.

To see the likes of Stoke, Watford, Palace and of course Leicester so comfortably way above us is depressing enough, but I really don't want to be looking up at them from the division below while we battle it out with MK Dons.

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

With the parachute money we should be able to compete at the top end of the championship. Theres a huge difference between the quality of both leagues. 

aYou think lerner will actually give any of that to the manager? The guy is a absolute joke of an owner

• Like 1

4 hours ago, av1 said:

Relegation will be that bad, IMO. There is absolutely nothing possible about going down. 

A brief look at around this thread and others from the forum, and the General consensus is our squad is physically to weak for the Premiership, yet there is a confidence that we would "be OK" in the championship even though it's a much more physically demanding league.

Then in certain players threads I read " he'll be a big player for us in the championship " again this idea that some if the crap we have in the squad will be transformed into good players.  

We'll be the the team everyone wants to beat If we go down, we'd be ripped to piece's IMO. 

We must stay up.

This current mob would struggle to stay in the championship too

Â