Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

I'm happy with this for the sole reason it might piss off some Liverpool fans. I know I'm petty, but that's just the way I am.

Plus, he add depth to our defence which has been so so weak for the past 5 years, so the more apparent quality we can bring in the better.

• Like 1

find it hilarious that everyone thinks that his signing spells doom for Okore or that Okore is so injured he'll never play again, or that Tim doesn't rate him.

he's the new Carles Gil

Think the depth chart for centre defenders is in following order

Richards

Lescott

Okore

Ilori

Clark

Baker

Senderos

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

find it hilarious that everyone thinks that his signing spells doom for Okore or that Okore is so injured he'll never play again, or that Tim doesn't rate him.

he's the new Carles Gil

Richards

Lescott

Okore

Ilori

Clark

Baker

Senderos

Senderos is crocked and you can forget Baker for another 12 months.

Everyone seems certain that we've signed this lad as a centre half, when the OS made a point of saying he can play anywhere across the back. I doubt they gathered that info themselves.

Judging on his skillset I can see him playing right back.

• Like 4

Lescott might be needed at left back if Amavi gets crocked, as people have said Llori might be needed at RB.

I agree on the face of it signing another CB dosen't quite make sense but as we know our CBs get plenty of injuries so last season we had 5 and yet we were down to two towards the end of the season. No guarentee new signings will stay injury free either.

Initially I thought this was an odd one when I thought he was just a CB but seemingly he is more versatile than that.

So it appears we now have the following options;

RB - Hutton, Crespo, IIori 

CB - Lescott, Richards, Clark, Okore and perhaps Crespo and IIori

LB - Amavi, Richardson, Lescott

Baker and Bennett have gone out on loan and I'd imagine Bacuna and Richardson are now back to being midfielders rather than makeshift full backs, although I wouldn't be surprised to see the later go on loan.

That leaves Senderos who we've barely seen in 12 months and who you'd have to wonder if we will see again.

We've been woefully stocked in terms of defenders the last few years, particularly in the full back positions and we've had some real poor players across the back 4.

I'm not sure I think we are now over stocked, or that Sherwood has gone CB happy I just think we've forgotten what it is like not to have to need to depend on midfielders to have options at the back. I also still think there are some big question marks in relation to Okore and his fitness.

One of my absolute pet hates in football is having to make two changes to accommodate one change in a starting line up, it is the very definition of a poorly balanced squad.

• Like 1

he's the new Carles Gil

Richards

Lescott

Okore

Ilori

Clark

Baker

Senderos

Senderos is crocked and you can forget Baker for another 12 months.

thats why both are down at the bottom of the list ;)

Richards, Okore and Clark are all injury prone, so it won't hurt to get a good cb in to add more depth to the squad. I reckon thats what Sherwood is thinking. Can't see him starting for us, maybe he'll play as a bit part player for us.    

Richards, Okore and Clark are all injury prone, so it won't hurt to get a good cb in to add more depth to the squad. I reckon thats what Sherwood is thinking. Can't see him starting for us, maybe he'll play as a bit part player for us.    

Clark, injury prone? He's probably the only one of our CBs in recent years who hasn't been injury prone.

Also, I still don't buy this idea that Okore is injury prone - I think he's just had a really hard time getting over that original injury he had.

Â