Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

We'll probably make a profit on him if we sell him in the future and he'll provide cover/competition for our other cb's.

Considering there were points last season where we literally only had okore and Clark as cb options this seems alright to me.

• Like 1

happy with this deal if goes through we have option to buy too. no idea why on earth we gave baker a new deal if we signed lescott and this guy as well

So we could get money for him. Or perhaps he goes away and improves his game?

Damned if we do, damned if we don't 

• Like 1

happy with this deal if goes through we have option to buy too. no idea why on earth we gave baker a new deal if we signed lescott and this guy as well

How long was left on his deal DDID? Was his contract expiring this summer? If you could verify that, that would be great

How long was left on his deal DDID? Was his contract expiring this summer? If you could verify that, that would be great

Confirmed. Signed a 3 year in 2013.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/405844/Nathan-Baker-puts-pen-to-paper-on-new-three-year-deal-for-Aston-Villa

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/405844/Nathan-Baker-puts-pen-to-paper-on-new-three-year-deal-for-Aston-Villa

Ah fair enough didnt realise this was his last year with us, thanks for confirming

I think this could be a really good signing he is very highly rated

• Like 1

Ah fair enough didnt realise this was his last year with us, thanks for confirming

I think this could be a really good signing he is very highly rated

New!!! 4 year deal signed 2015.

I'll be honest, I'm all for new defenders at the club. We've had Vlaar, Baker, Clark and Okore (partly) for the last 2-4 years and they've leaked goals for fun.

I get why they signed Clark and Baker on new deals, it means that they don't leave for free. No doubt Clark will get another shot at the first team but it will be a kick up the arse that he evidently needs after his last two performances.

Baker may go and play well and earn another crack at it but I have often wondered about his natural ability to defend without getting concussion. I don't think he's a Premier League defender.

Maybe this new lad will show what he's made of now that he doesn't have expensive signings ahead of him in the pecking order.

• Like 3

Â