Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

find it hilarious that everyone thinks that his signing spells doom for Okore or that Okore is so injured he'll never play again, or that Tim doesn't rate him.

he's the new Carles Gil

Think the depth chart for centre defenders is in following order

Richards

Lescott

Okore

Ilori

Clark

Baker

Senderos

Senderos is crocked and you can forget Baker for another 12 months.

Everyone seems certain that we've signed this lad as a centre half, when the OS made a point of saying he can play anywhere across the back. I doubt they gathered that info themselves.

Judging on his skillset I can see him playing right back.

Yep, that's what I thought! Doubt tim would bring in 2 CB's, Lescott being the other. Reckon Sherwood sees him as a RB. 

I have never seen him play so I can't make any judgments on his ability. All I will say is that I'm delighted with this signing because it seems to have pissed off a lot of Liverpool fans, and that makes me happy. Welcome, Tiago.

• Like 1

He was in the back of me cab only last week :D

What accent does he have when he speaks? Just glancing at his Wikipedia page it seems he's from that famous Portuguese city of London but he has been at Portuguese clubs in his youth. I'd presume he is a British passport holder given he lives here now but as it he looks like he's going for Portugal at international level I wonder where he grew up and what his first language is.

His English is fine, his fathers English (via Nigeria)

Why are you guys putting Ilori as a RB or LB? He is the future CB of the portuguese national team alongside Paulo Oliveira from Sporting CP. He is a CB, and i don't recall seeing him playing as a RB or LB.

You can see him here against England (Euro U-21) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srQ7RUUpIa0

Italy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWyfFdzbZZw

Sweden at the final - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GfDsCm3VLQ

As for the pronunciation of his name as He-lo-ri

Its been reported that he plays "along the back line", so right back would fit for us!

And name as in Hilary??!

3 at the back would be interesting I think, definitely with Amavi and Bacuna on the flanks it's doable.

Then Sanchez Westwood and Gana keeping things tight in the middle with Scott and Rudy up front?

With Grealish, Traore and Gil on the bench? You went to the Alex Mcleish / Paul Lambert school of attacking football, yes?

• Like 1

find it hilarious that everyone thinks that his signing spells doom for Okore or that Okore is so injured he'll never play again, or that Tim doesn't rate him.

he's the new Carles Gil

I find it hilarious that 2 or 3 people saying something, immediately becomes 'everyone' when it's being commented on.

I like this if only for the reaction of 3 bin dippers who I work with.

First they hate that Benteke has signed, earlier in the transfer window they were going on about not paying more than 20m for Benteke as he's not good enough for them. The dirty looks I received after laughing at their blank expressions when they paid 32.5m made my day, even though I think Benteke will do well for them.

And now this, they all hate Loveran's and wanted Ilore to replace him, now they want Rogers out!

Â