Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

From Sky again. 

Aston Villa have agreed a season-long loan deal with Liverpool for defender Tiago Illori.

Sky sources understand Villa will pay a loan fee of £1m, and - depending on appearances and clauses - they have the option to sign the 22-year-old permanently next summer for anywhere between £6m and £9m.

He did well on loan at Bordeux last season.

Don't understand the logic unless he can cover somewhere like left back or somewhere in midfield. Even then we have plenty of numbers.

Only thing I can say is maybe Okore's knees are more knackered than being let on otherwise we have for CB now:

Richards

Lescott

Okore

Clark

Tiago

Crespo

Senderos

We must be playing 3-5-2 at some stage this season.

Thanks.

For reference, I don't count Sky as the OS, but cheers. ;)

Welcome!

I was referring to this...

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4973555,00.html

Aston Villa can confirm Tiago Ilori has signed on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

The 22-year-old put pen to paper on the contract in the final moments of deadline day.

The former Sporting Lisbon defender - who can play anywhere across the backline - has enjoyed loan spells at Spanish La Liga side Granada and French Ligue One outfit Bordeaux over the past two seasons.

Born in London, Ilori has represented Portugal at U18, U19, U20 and U21 level.

Boss Tim Sherwood said: "I am very pleased to bring Tiago into the football club.

"He's someone I have been aware of for some time and I am looking forward to working with him.

"He's a young guy who I believe will enhance the group here."

As posted by sexbelowsound above.

Thanks.

For reference, I don't count Sky as the OS, but cheers. ;)

Welcome!

I was referring to this...

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4973555,00.html

Aston Villa can confirm Tiago Ilori has signed on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

The 22-year-old put pen to paper on the contract in the final moments of deadline day.

The former Sporting Lisbon defender - who can play anywhere across the backline - has enjoyed loan spells at Spanish La Liga side Granada and French Ligue One outfit Bordeaux over the past two seasons.

Born in London, Ilori has represented Portugal at U18, U19, U20 and U21 level.

Boss Tim Sherwood said: "I am very pleased to bring Tiago into the football club.

"He's someone I have been aware of for some time and I am looking forward to working with him.

"He's a young guy who I believe will enhance the group here."

As posted by sexbelowsound above.

Sorry, DDID, I should have quoted. My thanks was to sexbelowsound.

The middle part was to joeparker who re-quoted Sky when I asked.

I was thinking he would play right back because of his immense pace (that my friend keeps mentioning to me) - but he's 6'3", not saying there's anything wrong with that but Sherwood has a good dilemma on his hands now. Wonder how Clark will react to this if he loses his place?

There has always been a question mark over the chances of Richards remaining injury free. Lescott too is no spring chicken and could easily be out as well.

I see no problem at all with this signing and could well be the replacement for Lescott in 12 months time.

Would doubt Okore is off Sherwoods "favourites" list-He spoke very highly of him last season for "taking one for the team" when playing whilst injured.

Â